[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

humbug

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2575.jpg (56KB, 500x500px)
IMG_2575.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
we can all agree it is their best album?
>>
sure
>>
agreed. i hope their next album is humbug with a little bit of AM. (just get josh homme to produce everything)
>>
>implying it isnt their debut
smdh tbph
>>
>>73375690
you mean their worst right?
>>
>>73375690
isn't it more of a josh homme pet project than an actual monkeys album
>>
>>73376528
>implying AM or Suck It And See isn't their worst
>>
>>73376646
it obviously goes
>WPSIATWIN
>FWN
(i could accept those two being the other round if you really wanted)
>AM
>Suck it and See
>Humbug
>>
>>73376749
No. It's WPSIATWIN>FWN>>>Humbug>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SIAS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AM
>>
>>73376879
Its not their worst album you fucking dweebs, I haven't even listened to it and even I know that. The fact that its got an 8.0/10.0 from Pitchfork (their highest rating ever for an Arctic Monkeys album) and probably a 10 from NME shows that it has significantly more acclaim than Humbug at the very least, and what an appropriate album title because that's what you all are - humbugs, mere plebiscites who aim to attach value to your meaningless existences via pretending to like some entry-level hipster bullshit except durr lol not the popular stuff *shits on the floor and flings it at normie bystanders* because you are fucking annoying, and its not just me that thinks this, even on this website we are starting to become bugged by people pretending to hate the most popular album of an artist because it is more popular. I'm shaking right now with rage the likes of which you cannot comprehend and frankly are reaching the end of my wits, yet it is you contrarians who shall fall first and bow before the lord in eternal shame. Humbug sucks, so does Suck It and See so no AM is not their worst album, its generic "indie-rock-for-people-who-are-too-lazy-to-find-their-own-preferences-and-dye-their-hair-blue"-core though its not as bad as some of their other material, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>73376885
>"indie-rock-for-people-who-are-too-lazy-to-find-their-own-preferences-and-dye-their-hair-blue"-core

i see
>>
>>73376885
kek I always see this copypasta in here. You're retarded. The fact that AM is like the only record every pleb knows by them and praised as their best means that it's just as bad as every other music on the radio. Just go on spotify and compare how much people listened to their most boring song EVER - Do I Wanna Know.
>>
>>73376885
>I haven't even listened to it
Stopped reading.
>>
>>73376885
And of course only retards read Pitchfork. The end.
>>
>>73375690
>WHAT CAME FIRST THE CHICKEN OR THE DICKHEAD?

yeah definitely
>>
>>73376957
i don't like AM much but i have to admit Do I Wanna Know is a pretty great song, albeit a bit overplayed
>>
AM is decent and I like suck it and see a lot but the first three are still their best
>>
>>73376957
>>73377045
Do I Wanna Know sounds like Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care, that was my first impression when I heard this song. And it's not a good impression.
>>
>>73375690
Nah, not their best, but it is their most unique sounding album, that's for sure. But unique sounding doesn't mean good.
>>
Dear Martha,

You stole the digger number, the outside climber of the ringest tone bomber. The ring didn't stop, the calls were all replied by a dial message feedback that contains more than what you consume.

Desire is not an occupation, wow, and the wolf carry the dogma, incredible overture I must admist Martha you played a gig in the sky but you failed to bring light to the dark side.

Let that be with us, let us not be delivered, and deliver us from clever arts and swedish forniture.

Sincerely R-U-Yours,

~R
>>
first three albums are all equally great. sias is a bit worse still full of good songs. am is not bad, songs like r u mine, knee socks, mad sounds etc (especially one for the road) are cool but I absolutely hate snap out of it and wanna be yours.
>>
>>73376885
newfags falling for copypasta bait
>>
File: tumblr_ofc4ch81Q41ugt2tuo1_500.png (238KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofc4ch81Q41ugt2tuo1_500.png
238KB, 500x349px
>>73377505
Why?
>>
>>73376885
this isnt funny anymore
in fact it was never funny
>>
File: josh hack.jpg (43KB, 450x610px) Image search: [Google]
josh hack.jpg
43KB, 450x610px
Daily reminder that this man single handedly ruined this band.
>>
>>73377034
Poetry
>>
>>
File: 1496248486885.jpg (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496248486885.jpg
31KB, 250x250px
>>73377210

>most unique sounding
>total QOTSA rip-off

haha alright buddy
>>
>>73377633
He literally gave them their best album. Then they fucked it up again without his guidance.
>>
>>73378486
Have you even listened to either band?
>>
>>73378645
Fuck that, they had a nice energetic sound to them, but then Homme came and they became edgy as fuck.
>>
>>73375690
ONLY the first album is good. The other ones are pure betrayal, maybe a good song here and there
>>
>>73376957
Do I Wanna Know it's not a bad song, but I will never understand how it's that the song that made them ultra famous with the normies (they were popular before that, I know). They have much better songs in their catalog.
>>
>>73379202
Exactly they were very famous especially in Britain before AM and had really catchy and enjoyable songs but somehow it wasn't that good for normies. But then Do I Wanna Know happend and they became even more popular with a song that's really bland and boring if you compare it to their older stuff. You can even see how disappointed were people that listened to Arctic Monkeys before AM and even SIAS or Humbug. The new "fans" of Arctic Monkeys were the same people that listened to One Direction (yeah I know some of them) and somehow they didn't even bother to listen to their older stuff.
>>
File: 1496185890212.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496185890212.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>73378709

I love both bands but I'm sensing that you haven't heard Humbug or EV or Them Crooked Vultures or EODM

It reeks of Homme musk and that turns me on
>>
i really like the atmosphere of this album. it was a turning point for them without a doubt and a great opportunity to show what they are capable of being. AM is not bad, its another turning point though in the wrong direction. however i hope their new material will be something fresh.
>>
>>73376749
normie the post
>>
>>73379760
I wish that they come with something fresh and better than SIAS and AM but I don't think that it will happend. It will be probably something as boring as The Last Shadow Puppets. I despise people that "like" The Last Shadow Puppets because I know they "like" just because it's one of Alex's project. There's no chance that someone listens to TLSP for real, it's so BAD.
>>
>>73379967
I really like the age of understatement
>>
>>73375690
Nah it was their first one
>>
>>73379983
And what do you think about their last record?
>>
>>73379967
first tlsp album is fine. second has some ok songs. but yes you are absolutely right, most people listen to it because of turner and the others a probably shippers who are mad about milex. miles is kane is a bad songwriter whose only chance to get some attention is to stay around alex. however the little flames had some good songs.
>>
>>73380178
Not as good but still some decent songs
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.