[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cKy new album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: CKYThePhoenix.jpg (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
CKYThePhoenix.jpg
75KB, 300x300px
How's about we don't let this one die, since the album is released in less than 24 hours and leaks have finally surfaced. Love it or hate it, as long as you rate it.

Singles:
>Days of Self Destruction
https://youtu.be/b0Hc-9w2vqE
>Replaceable
https://youtu.be/DG0YNLxq4q8
>Head For A Breakdown
https://youtu.be/1LHf93t22EE

Wiping Off The Dead should've been the lead single. A bit stunned they left that as a deep cut, but at the same time it was fun having no clue a gem like that was lying in wait.
>>
>>73374846
they ripped off ozzy's logo
>>
>>73374970
They did. That's old news though. They asked fans to submit logo concepts (compare to the logo on Volume 1) and somebody submitted that one (an earlier version of that, anyway). Originally, the accent line crossed the center of the c so it looked more like a € but with one line instead is two. Jess told a story once of wandering around a festival and passing by a woman who looked at the list of bands playing a given stage and asked her friend, "who the fuck is Eckee?"
>>
Chads vocals SUCK
>>
>>73376956
Compared to what? I'm a big fan of Michael Gira's caterwauling, so I have a hard time believing the people here who also enjoy that would find Chad's vocals to be subpar. I enjoy the fact that they didn't use pitch correction, unlike all the previous albums.
>>
>>73377142
>comparing him to gira

jesus christ, you chadchodes are delusion

his vocals sound like some shitty buttrock glamgoth band bam would like

days of self destruction is very cool instrumentally but ruined by vocals, rest of album is forgettable

shame, it seemed chad did have some interesting ideas but without deron vocal melodies/vocals/fleshing out riffs it just falls flat
>>
>>73374846
Not liking those butt rock vocals. Sounds like something that would have been great 10 years ago.
>>
>>73377244

ok more updates as i poop

lies from you sounds coo, reminds me of mastadons poppy side
>>
>>73377244
If you say you don't like the vocals, that's fair. But you said they suck, so it's fair game to make comparisons. The guy can hit notes. He can inflect emotions while singing. These are examples of proficiency, so if he can do that and still suck, what are we comparing him to that is so much better? My point was that people here enjoy vocals by singers who demonstrate less proficiency than Chad does on this album, so "the vocals suck!" strikes me as disingenuous. You sound much less like somebody assessing the music and much more like somebody enmeshed in the politics surrounding the album (the knock on Bam was another such indicator).

>rest of album is forgettable
>compared to DoSD
Lmao okay kid

>Deron vocal melodies
Chad wrote many of those
>vocals
Pitch corrected ;^)
>fleshing out riffs
Correct, no Deron riffs here. The album doesn't hurt for it. There are grooves a plenty.
>>
>>73377362

nah bro, i think all 3 members are man children, i just want good music.

these riffs just sound like recycled cky riffs.

oh wow, he sings in pitch lmao nigga is that all it takes now? his delivery is so over the top and corny. sounds more 69 eyes than swans

this is like the misfits without danzig, someone with rights to name copying style the old songwriter made
>>
>>73377446
>it sounds different so I don't like it
>it's copying the old singer so I don't like it
Hmmmmm.

I don't see how you can claim recycled riffs when songs like head for a breakdown sound like nothing else in their catalog.

Do you actually listen to the 69 Eyes? This https://youtu.be/zsSEhqrhIM4 doesn't sound anything like what's on this album, musically or vocally. I didn't say Chad sounds like Gira. I compared their singing proficiencies. Like, I don't care for Miley Cyrus, but I recognize that she has good range, good breath support, etc, so I'd never argue that her vocals "suck." Chad's vocals are proficient and he has a recognizable character to his singing. It sounds to me like a throw back to the ballsy rock of the 80s and 90s. He does a very good job of that. Whether you like it or not is a completely separate question from whether he sucks at what he's doing.

Teenagers are the types who confuse "things I dislike" with "things that are objectively bad," but I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt since this site is 18+.
>>
>come to /mu/
>alright there's a thread for this!
>dead
Are 90s kids too old for 4chan? I'm 30. Why am I here?
>>
CKY's always been a huge guilty pleasure for me but these are pretty ehhhhhh
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.