[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the better edgy '94 album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

>>
>>73373178
The Downward Spiral easily.
>>
>>73373178
Definitely The Holy Bible.
>>
>>73373178
The Holy Bible
>>
File: Manics_press_456l.jpg (359KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
Manics_press_456l.jpg
359KB, 599x600px
>>73373178
they're both great but they have interesting parallels:

>THB - Yes (first song on album)
Everyone I've loved or hated always seems to leave
>TDS - Hurt (Last song on album)
Everyone I know goes away in the end

both had edgy recording sessions (TDS at the site of the Manson killings and THB in Cardiff's red light district)

both have deliberately disgusting album art

and probably some other stuff too
>>
>>73373178
The Holy Bible

TDS has potential but it has too much filler
>>
TDS by a lot. THB is a great album, but it's not nearly as interesting as TDS.
>>
>>73373178
De mysteriis dom Sathanas
>>
>>73373226
>both have deliberately disgusting album art
Only THB has a remotely disgusting cover, unless you're into that kind of shit
>>
>>73373226
What's on the cover for TDS anyways?
>>
>>73373416
>plaster, acrylics, oils, rusted metals, insects, moths, blood (mine), wax, varnishes, and surgical bandaging on a wooden panel.
>>
>>73373437
Not that disgusting. I thought ir was a shit and piss stained wall with bugs at first.
>>
>>73373178
THB is better but TDS is edgier
>>
>>73373178

Holy Bible
>>
>>73373178

Either Total Destruction by Unsane or At Action Park by Shellac.
>>
>>73373178
Holy bible
>>
>>73373178
The Downward Spiral by a huge margin, both from musical and concept sense.
>>
>>73373437
Moths are really cute
>>
>>73373368
The Holy Bible has more interesting lyrics, The Downward Spiral has more interesting music
>>
>>73373178

The one that got to be played @ Woodstock
>>
>>73373178
Holy Bible
The lyrics felt much more real
>>
>>73374528
Your comment works the other way around as well
>>
>>73373178
Neither, Portrait of an American Family was best.
>>
File: rare piero.png (446KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
rare piero.png
446KB, 600x452px
From the point of view of the lyrics, Holy Bible (Epic, 1994) is the most brutal of the three. Bradfield and his comrades are a super-glam played with feverish fury. If the intent was to overcome the Guns n 'Roses in the face of frustration, the group succeeds well. If the intent was also to compose music, Manic Street Preachers end up looking like a David Bowie even less creative. Their story is revolting, their music is asylum.

Immediately after the recording, Richey James, who had long been hospitalized for nervous disorders and detoxified by alcohol, suicides himself from a bridge.
>>
>>73375185

Portrait wasn't that edgy.
>>
>>73375254
don't you tell me my business again
>>
>>73375228
>suicides himself from a bridge
Savage
>>
>>73373368
This but the other way around
>>
TDS is a better album as a whole but i prefer individual songs off of THB more
both amazing tho
>>
>>73375228
>comparing them to David Bowie
even scaruffi can't help but compliment them
>>
>>73375275

the stage is where I do my business, you come into the stage you gonna get hurt, I don't like people messing with my business
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.