[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Similar bands (recs)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: 51vB5KkMaEL.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51vB5KkMaEL.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
Indie/alt rock with a slightly dreamy, lo-fi, nostalgic sound, bonus if there's cool guitar chords and licks thrown around like in Carry The Zero
>>
Flake Music - When You Land Here
>>
>>73368618
I dig it so far. Thanks homie
>>
>>73368618
I wish the singer could tone down his Shins-y sound though. Probs impossible
>>
>>73368499
Never listened to that band but from what you described if you haven't listened to this album you'll love it
>>
you're not gonna find a band like bts

they're deceptively good
>>
>>73368730
np
>>
>>73368888
That's what I've been realizing. They have something about them that I can't quite find anywhere else
>>
File: jupiter lander.jpg (13KB, 296x300px) Image search: [Google]
jupiter lander.jpg
13KB, 296x300px
Well try this out OP, it's not too similar to BtS but you might like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzME1yyEXpY
>>
File: teensuicide.jpg (318KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
teensuicide.jpg
318KB, 1200x1200px
I'd love something similar to Teen Suicide.
>>
pavement
>>
>>73368950
Surprised no one's mentioned it, but early modest mouse is the closest you'll get I think
>>
Labelmates Lync and Modest Mouse are the obvious picks, but you've probably already heard them.
>>
>>73369061
>>73369080
Particular MM albums you'd recommend? Only ever listened to GNFPWLBN
>>
>>73369129
Go earlier. I'd personally say Building Nothing Out of Something, but your other options are pretty much Lonesome Crowded West, TIALDFSWNTTA, and Sad Sappy Sucker
>>
>>73369129
Their first three are all probably the clsoest to what you're looking for. And you could make an argument for any of them as the best. Lonesome Crowded West is probably my favorite though. But really you should listen to all of them. And I always think when getting into new bands it's best to listen in order so you can hear them evolve.

All their albums are good though. If you like some of the poppier BTS you might like We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank too. So basically I'd listen to those two and decide what sound you like best, then if you're interested listen to the others near it. MM is best divided into two eras - pre Good News and post Good News
>>
>>73369166
BNOoS is also my favorite MM but I feel like you have to have an appreciation for them already to really enjoy it, it being a compilation and not a full album and all
>>
>>73369129
Start from the beginning with Long Drive and go forward until Good News. Also listen to the building nothing out of something compilation.

Everything after that is mediocre. If you're lazy and just want their very best go with Lonesome crowded west and moon and antarctica, probably some the greatest indie rock records ever recorded.
>>
File: MMLonesomeCrowdedWest.jpg (130KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
MMLonesomeCrowdedWest.jpg
130KB, 340x340px
>>73369228
>>73369195
>>73369166
Lol at everyone unanimously picking LCW
>>
Literally listening to bts when i found this thread but yeah this is pretty close to that sound
>>
>>73368499
this gives me the same 90s feel i get from other albums by bts and modest mouse.. even though it's not 90s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqNB2PWJ7r4
>>73368618
reissue is trash btw
>>
>>73368499
Archers of Loaf
>>
>>73368753

Can't tell if bait or not, but it's literally James Mercer pre-Shins
>>
unwound, dismemberment plan, pavement, treepeople, lync, modest mouse (early), wrens
>>
>>73369589
Yes I know -- I meant that I wish he didn't have such a distinct voice because I keep thinking of the shins when I listen to them
>>
>>73369634
look, when you land here is pretty much the shins debut album since it features the same members who later played on oh, inverted world.
>>
>>73369659
Interesting. I like the shins a lot, I just wasn't expecting them when I listened to flake music. Not a knock to either group (even though they're the same), just surprised me
>>
>>73369782
Man it's weird where The Shins are now compared to Flake Music
>>
twin peaks. pavement
>>
>>73370115
Seconding Twin Peaks. Wild Onion is such a fun album. They're a sorta modern take on garage rock/indie rock for the uninitiated
>>
>>73368499
Yuck i think does a pretty good job at generalizing the sounds that built to spill and pavement inspired. Someone already mentioned the unicorns and they're a pretty good match as well.
>>
>>73370138
yuck picked a good band name because their music makes me go "yuck"
>>
Are there many similiarities between BTS and Dinosaur Jr? I love BTS but have barely heard anything from Jr
>>
definitely Ugly Casanova - Sharpen Your Teeth
>>
File: 51gHvIdsgxL.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51gHvIdsgxL.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
possibly The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
>>
>>73370719
my fav shins album
>>
>>73369329
seconding this.
OP really needs to check out grandaddy. They have a more naive and childish sound most of the times, like you're a lost kid and it's sunset and all you have with you to escape the fact that you're alone and fucked is a gameboy or perhaps a tamagochi. Does that make any sense to anyone who knows the band? anyways check em out. I suggest "what happened to the fambly cat" more than the software slump but both are possibly their best work
>>
You can try Tame Impala. Kinda dreamy and cool sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeZt5IGJ1T8
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.