[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Albums with stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

Do you have a band or an album that comes with a personal story, one that means a lot more to you than it normally would? I bet everyone here does. I'd love to read yours, too. Here's mine.

I discovered Pianos Become The Teeth about three years ago by reverse google searching this picture after seeing it on some random user's last.fm profile page

At first, it didn't feel like much, since I wasn't a post-hardcore fan, but I started listening to the lyrics more and more, and realized its depth. It conveyed emotions without sounding cringey or omnious. It was overwhelming, since I found myself associating with the singer's emotions due to some personal events in my liife. To hear such anger, disappointment and sadness all mixed up in this loud haze helped me cope with my own problems. The way you can hear the singer's voice break and the instruments sync and twist in the background was astonishing for someone who grew up mostly listening to heavy metal.

What came after was them debuting with their newest album, Keep You, and their timing was amazing. That week, my life has changed for the better, I started recovering from depression and studying in a university where I finally found my place among friends. That album still carried the sadness of the former, yet the singer sounded a lot more content with life, despite carrying the scars of the past. It was gorgeous to hear the evolution of their music, and at the same time, feeling the same change upon myself.

Perhaps the album is not so great at all, and I'm deluded due to all this. Perhaps not many of you will read this or bother to respond, but I love /mu/, and it's nice to break the trend of the same threads all over again.

I'm also wondering if anyone has heard about them producing some new material recently.

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.