[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tim Hecker is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1000x1000px
/mu/ I'm really interested in finding new experimental drone and ambient albums. But specifically, I want ones that are done with a master's touch.

I don't want Tim Hecker, Candy Claws, etc. lazy bullshit. I'm looking for Stars of the Lid, Tony Conrad, Michael Pisaro kinds of drone, lowercase, or otherwise minimal music.

What are your suggestions in this specific genre
>>
wow what a great audience
>>
>tim hecker
>lazy bullshit
fuck off. bet you hate eluvium too
>>
https://youtu.be/r5hvHEBLNpI

You aren't prepared.
>>
>>73366520
nah I know Scott Walker, love his work. I think Tilt and Bish Bosch are better than Drift though.
>>
The Hafler Trio - How To Slice A Loaf Of Bread
>>
>Candy Claws
>Drone and ambient
What?
>>
>>73366547
Candy Claws is at least Dream Pop
>>73366490
>dude what if I just throw a bunch of loud metal scrapes together and call it a "texture"
>dude what if I alternate between this giant texture of absolutely no effect and subdued acoustic stuff
>dude how do I structure a work lol
>>
>>73366378
>He thinks Stars of the Lid is better than Tim Hecker

Defend yourself. Radio Amor and Ultraviolet are both better than anything Stars of the Lid ever did
>>
>>73366577
Have you ever considered that it really is entirely too deep for you?
>>
bad thread
>>
>>73366614
Stars of the Lid made their music with live orchestral instruments that were then processed into the dreamy ambient on record. The way this transformation was done is particularly skilled because the instruments retained their acoustic sense of line and breath, but gained the softness and lightened touch of electronic sounds. The compositions also show restraint in melody, harmony, and structure which Hecker does not understand.
>>73366633
Who's your favorite Spectral composer? Grisey, Murrail, Radulescu, or Vivier?
>>
>>73366666
Quads confirm
>>
>>73366678
It's quints, show some respect
>>
>>73366577
>dude what if i have pleb taste
>>
>>73366671
>spectral compositions
>>
>>73366378
my suggestion is to fuck off and die
>>
>>73366758
Are you actually retarded or just talking out of your ass
Yes all those composers have compositions you moron
>>
>>73366758
Your point being?
>>
>>73366666
quints for based heckman
>>
>>73366780
it's over for you
>>
Notice how not a single Tim Hecker fan can actually argue their position
>>
>>73366841
And then there's >>73366577

Wow I wonder why no one gives a shit.
>>
>>73366886
Yeah where's the counterargument to any of that? Hecker fans don't know music theory I guess.
>>
>>73366898
>music theory

u gave ur self away aspergs-san
>>
>>73366898
>dude what if le kek xD

I don't even like all of Tim's work. You just a fag looking for a flamewar. Well done.
>>
>>73366898
Most people don't know music theory,
>>
Tim Hecker fan here. His music sounds cool and I like it. That's about the extent of it. Don't really give a shit what else went into it.
>>
>>73366989
watch out he's gonna shit on you for not knowing theory and liking music for how it sounds
>>
>>73366970
Yeah, and then most people don't pretend as if they know anything about music.

Problem being that faggots on /mu/ don't know when to shut up.
>>
>>73367002
speak for yourself
>>
>>73366490
eluvium sucks though
>>
>>73366378
Tim Hecker is great and you just posted one of the best albums of the decade. Weak bait, anon.
>>
Notice, again, the inability of Hecker fans to argue from any musical perspective.
>>
>>73367352
How are his textures "of no effect"?
>>
>>73366671
Fair argument for why you like Stars of the Lid, but I disagree with you on Hecker, he does show restraint, creativity and structure. His songs are ever changing compositions that mold and bend with ease, and his use of piano is the perfect touch in making everything sound natural.
>>
>>73366614
>Radio Amor and Ultraviolet are both better than anything Stars of the Lid ever did

LOL
>>
>>73367352
You sound like a horrible person to be around
>>
>>73367352
I can literally feel the spit flying out of your mouth as you say this.

Fuck off back to academia if you want to discuss "musical perspective." I like Hecker cuz I like the way it makes me feel and think. It's like an impressionist painting, very emotive and evocative and I like that. I don't really care about his process or relating his song structure to other works, that is irrelevant. It's purely about sound
>>
>>73368255
>it's purely about sound
No it's about whether you can defend your opinion, which you can't.
>>
I like how these faggots are talking down on other for not knowing music theory, as if music theory was in any way adequate to describe this kind of music
>>
>>73368600
You don't know any music theory I guess
>>
Drape - Let There Water Air
>>
>>73368313
>guy explains his reasoning for enjoying tim hecker
>"you cant defend ur position faggit"

confirmed bait, people should really stop replying to this thread
>>
>>73366378

Try some Andrew Chalk and Kevin Drumm maybe OP.
>>
>>73367120
i disagree
>>
music theory is largely obsolete and faggots are upset they spent so much time learning it.
>>
>>73366577
>Candy Claws is at least Dream Pop
Well, yeah. But that's not what this thread is about, is it?
>>
>>73367120
static nocturne and catalin are both great albums
>>
>>73366378
SotL is shit but here u go

Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - Shining Skull Breath
Yellow Swans - Drowner Yellow Swans
ELEH - Floating Points / Intuitive Synthesis I
Ben Frost - Theory of Machines
Kevin Drumm - Sheer Hellish Miasma
Jacob Kierkegaard - 4 Rooms
Harry Bertoia - Sonambient
>>
I think Tim Hecker is dogshit but OP is still a huge sperg.
>>
Try Lee Noble
>>
>>73366378
Sean mccann is god-tier ambient
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.