[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avoiding Records?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Animal-Collective.jpg (219KB, 1000x799px) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Collective.jpg
219KB, 1000x799px
I have yet to listen to Centipede Hz or Painting With by Animal Collective because all I've heard is that they're much worse than albums like MPP and SJ. I can't find the spirit to hear out these records knowing I'll be let down somehow.

(the real shame is that i decided to listen to their discography in order and Danse Manatee was shit, so i'm not that worried about the new albums anymore)
>>
I haven't listened to Painting With either, but Centipede Hz is actually one of AnCo's better releases- the only reason people dislike it is because of le 7.4 meme (and even then, that's a pretty good score). Definitely give it a chance when you can. Is it better than MPP? No, but it's not that much worse in my opinion.
>>
Fucking superb blog, I would like to subscribe for more updates.
>>
Sleep Cycle and Meeting of the waters or whatever that one was called are good.

Every other release post MPP is very disappointing. Chz has a few decent songs, and PW is pure trash.
>>
Centipede is pretty decent, Painting With on the other hand is one of the worst most obnoxious pieces of shit I've ever heard. It honestly made me stop listening to the band.
>>
I love animal collective. Every one of their albums. I'm so happy to be alive to listen I their great music. What a wonderful time to be alive
>>
>>73365883
This is also what I fear. After hearing the trainwreck that was Humanz, I can't even enjoy listening to albums like Gorillaz or Demon Days. I don't want that same feeling with MMP. That was my first Animal Collective album because I loved the cover (like everyone) and I'd hate to not enjoy it anymore.
>>
CHz is ok, not as good as their classic stuff but it has some decent songs

PW is unlistenable. I can't wrap my head around how anyone enjoys it. I physically can't sit through more than like 2 or 3 songs. I would pretend like it doesn't exist and listen to Meeting of the Waters, they seem to be on the right track to making good music again.
>>
>>73365716
you'll only be let down because you're expecting them to be shit, anon. CHz is alright and PW is just really dry compared to the sound of their other albums, but still good overall.
>>73365929
this 2bh
>>
>>73366139

What songs on PW do you have such an issue with? Recycling and Golden Gals are kind of annoying but the rest is not bad
>>
I did the same thing with REM. I put off listening to Reveal and Around the Sun for almost a year.
>>
I'm currently putting off listening to Terror Twilight and Figure 8 myself
>>
>>73366384
I still haven't heard Danse manatee
>>
i m o two of the best songs from the CHz stuff aren't even on the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rafY_lAqqfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rh0xvLxIAI
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.