[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CKY - The Phoenix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: CKYThePhoenix.jpg (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
CKYThePhoenix.jpg
75KB, 300x300px
CKY's first new album in 8 years has been shipped out and people have now...where the leak at?!

https://youtu.be/b0Hc-9w2vqE

Also, general CKY discussion
>>
i like cky but that song is bad and i cant imagine the album is any better, no hope
>>
>>73365645
Sounds weird with Chad on vocals
>>
https://youtu.be/DG0YNLxq4q8

Deron BTFO
>>
i see no leaks yet. not like i really care though. fuck deron.
>>
>>73366323

Did anyone in Facebook Alliance Forum post link yet
>>
AWFUL!

https://youtu.be/1LHf93t22EE
>>
>>73366665
>one away
>>
>>73366724

WELCOME TO THE DUUUUBS OF SELF DESTRUCTIONNNN
>>
File: 1492529514639.jpg (143KB, 821x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492529514639.jpg
143KB, 821x1024px
>>73367577
>>
>>73367577

how will deron recover?!

>>
>>73365645
I was hoping there would be a thread. Mine from the other day died. I haven't got my shipping confirmation yet, but I'm hoping it'll magically show up before I leave town this weekend.

>>73365912
That's just, like, your opinion, man.

>>73366221
I fell in love with this one instantly. I love hearing a song and liking it with zero effort. Just hooked.

>>73366665
This one took a few listens, but once I wrapped my head around it I came to really appreciate it. Of the three singles, it may be the most sophisticated songwriting the band has done ever. Heavy Ween influence. The strings were a fantastic addition. I'm very curious how they'll pull this one off live, or if it will even be attempted.

>>73367658
Not going to lie, that whole situation has reached schadenfreude levels. I kind of want to see how great the band does without him purely so I can witness the resultant Facebook meltdown. He drew first blood with "I Can't Stand His Name," but man oh man did he get hit with a heavy counter punch. "Better Than Get Even" indeed.
>>
>>73368011

Deron > Chad

Deron is an asshole

Chad is a little bitch

I still wanna hear this album though. Days of Self Destruction would be great with Deron singing it
>>
File: dhf.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dhf.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
me on the right
>>
>>73368366
I can vouch for Deron being an asshole. I had a very direct experience with that.

Chad doesn't seem like a bitch to me. Dude is a work horse and probably CKY's biggest fan. It's impossible to doubt his passion for the band.

Did you ever see that "What's Next?" video from years ago? Night and day difference between the two guys and I don't see how someone could watch that and say "Deron had it right," especially in light of what wound up happening after.

https://youtu.be/4PZhFkozDg0
>>
>>73368858
except deron WAS cky. he had the riffs, the melodies, the vocals, the songs. chad is a subpar lead player who relies way too much on whammy bars and wah pedals. deron developed the cky sound (muh boss octave pedal), chad is just imitating it.
>>
that album artwork rivals the maiden cgi cover for worst cover of the last 20 years
>>
File: gy2039o3se1z.jpg (82KB, 1110x1038px) Image search: [Google]
gy2039o3se1z.jpg
82KB, 1110x1038px
>>73368962
>>
>>73368944
Deron has said in multiple interviews that many CKY songs were composed by him bringing a box full of cassette tapes of riffs over to Chad's place and Chad listening to them and piecing them together into songs. This was the modus operandi for AACBF and CC. Deron's notes to the blue Volume 1 vinyl detail how Disengage The Simulator was basically created in the studio with Chad. Chad has also helped with lyrics, vocal melody, synth, and bass. You can read all of this shit online. So no, it was never "the Deron show." CKY was always a group project.

As for the CKY sound, listen to any Deron demo prior to hooking up with Chad (the Doubled Up On Trauma demos are enlightening) and all of his material after parting ways. Chad isn't imitating anything. He's been the band's producer since day one and he directly created that sound and preserved it through each album. There's a reason why these new songs sound like CKY, production-wise, whereas Deron's new stuff sounds like a kid doing a rip-off band on his laptop. There's a lot more to the CKY sound than the OC-2, and even that sounds better on the Phoenix.
>>
>>73369236
ok chad jeez we get it
>>
>>73369269
He doesn't even know how to log into his Facebook. I doubt he uses 4chan.

I've just followed the band for a long time and you were making claims about the band that Deron himself had contradicted at various points over the years. I'm sure if you asked him now he'd say it was all Deron all the time, but the public record says otherwise.
>>
>>73369364
i just miss deron and the old cky :(
>>
>>73369392
me too :(
>>
>>73369236

https://youtu.be/-c5gBs5dkjo

This is better than anything Chad has or will ever write, by far
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.