[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Xiu Xiu?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 120228_xiuxiu_043.jpg (246KB, 1280x1898px) Image search: [Google]
120228_xiuxiu_043.jpg
246KB, 1280x1898px
What does /mu/ think of Xiu Xiu?
>>
fuck drumpf and fuck white ppl
>>
I want to get into his stuff but I feel like it will make me depressed in an unpleasant way
>>
Favorite band by far. Does anyone have any super rare early stuff or know if the pre Knife Play compilation tracks or the Tonight and Today CD differ from the official versions? Does anyone have the copper press demo? I'll share rare Xiu Xiu live stuff in like an hour if the thread is still up
>>
File: IMG_20160916_085202.jpg (224KB, 1247x1248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160916_085202.jpg
224KB, 1247x1248px
the air force is my favourite

la foret is overlooked
>>
Knife play is my favourite from them.
>>
>>73365137
The second half of La Foret is excellent
>>
>>73365049
I don't have any of that but I'm interested in some live stuff.
>>
>>73365049
Tonight and today is just the demos of knife play
>>
>>73364630
Jamie's a sweetheart and he's my favorite sadboy.
>>
>>73366543
That's what I thought, but I know for sure that there is super rare stuff that just isn't being shared (such as this version of Jennifer Lopez https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBqgiGcfFOw) so I think it'd be worth tracking down all of the obscure comps Xiu Xiu was on. You can find them on discogs by looking at archived versions of the XX website from 2001 and matching the labels with the comps

>>73366508
http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/CLTQxiVS/file.html
I'm 99% sure most of these have never been released and aren't readily available.

I know the really noisy version of Don Diasco is part of a full show recording from 2002 (I think) but I can't find it

Really any super rare Xiu Xiu material is appreciated, they mean so much to me and I'd love to hear everything
>>
I HATE MY BODY
I HATE THE DESERT
PLEASE LET ME ESCAPE

>>73366655
I met Jamie and he was so kind. He's also an earnest sadboy whereas I get the impression a lot of them are just playing it up to seem ~deep~. I love him.

>>73366740
Nice. Thank you!
>>
>>73364630
First three albums are great, Dear God, and Forget are both really good too. But the political retardation is pretty cringy.
>>
>>73366389
The whole album is excellent. Baby captain, big people, rose of sharp , muppet face, ale, and my favorite, yellow raspberry.
Is homunculus the most underrated Xiu Xiu track? It's so great
>>73366849
La forĂȘt >>> fabulous muscles though. Knife play and a promise are his two best, that I agree with
>>
File: IMG_1631.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1631.png
1MB, 1136x640px
DO YOU LOVVEEE EMEEEEE
JAIME STEWAARRRTTT
>>
bump please post rare xiu xiu tracks/pictures of jamie

I have to add, I was looking through their old website archives and wtf they took a bunch of pictures of them standing in toilets pissing on the ground
>>
>>73367398
UNFoetunatley j don't have rare jaimes but I'll gladly bump a Xiu Xiu thread
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.