[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums that music journalists have tricked normies into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: sgt-pepper_1.jpg (324KB, 1600x1549px) Image search: [Google]
sgt-pepper_1.jpg
324KB, 1600x1549px
ITT: Albums that music journalists have tricked normies into believing were extremely influential
>>
>>
Did The Beatles really paid journalists to give this album a high score? However Scaruffi wasn't corrupt therefore he gave the honest review to his album.
>>
>>73360772
I know this is Bait but that albu was objectively influential. It would be nearly impossible to name all the bands that stole ideas from that album.
>>
>>
>>73360808
Scaruffi isnt corrupted by money, he is corrupted by his own narcissism.
>>
File: itcocked.jpg (10KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
itcocked.jpg
10KB, 224x224px
>>
>>73360840
unironically this
>>
>>73360810
Wrong bitch
The Doors, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Byrds, and Jefferson Airplane were doing the same stuff well before The Beatles
The Beatles' other albums are really influential, though
>>
File: Rplot.png (107KB, 625x593px) Image search: [Google]
Rplot.png
107KB, 625x593px
>copy The Idiot
>kill self
>plebs think you invented post-punk
>>
>>73360808
scaruffi wasn't a contemporary reviewer
scaruffi is blinded by their success the same way that all the people who rave about the beatles are, only he feels the need to be contrarian about it

there were tons of studio tricks that the beatles did on sgt. pepper. they probably weren't the first to do it, but it was the first time the engineers at abbey road did that stuff and they continued to do that kind of stuff with other artists
would've happened eventually, the beatles were just lucky that they didn't have to tour, doesn't diminish its importance
>>
>>73360794
practically every indie band since arcade fire has cited nmh as an influence
>>
>>73360876
>The Doors, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Byrds, and Jefferson Airplane
Literally sounds nothing like sgt. pepper and pink floyd were recording piper the same time as sgt pepper
>>
I never gave a fuck about the reviews or anything, this album has always been an extremely solid listen. I feel like the big hang-up people have with this album is not liking The Beatles. And that's fine, they're not for everybody. But seriously, this album was definitely incredibly influential. I don't see where the idea that this was faked into notoriety comes from, it topped the charts on release and 50 years later. Shit on the Beatles all you want, but this album is influential as fuck.

That being said it's also a great album. The Beatles were the best in their genre, though the beach boys and the kinks definitely edged them out a couple times.

Also, If you want to talk about how the rolling Stones blow I'm in
>>
>>73360772
It actually is very influential, journalists just tricked normies into believing it's the greatest of all time.
>>
>>73361074
this is basically it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.