[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the strokes good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: cover.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
Are the strokes good?
>>
Yeah but you're listening to the wrong album
>>
>>73351460
is this it is the best imo. new EP isn't bad. I just started listening to Angles for the first time and it's not really shitty just more casual
>>
>>73351489
>IMO

more like the general opinion
>>
>>73351391
Their first two albums are really good, anon. Give them a listen
>>
>>73351391
Give the white album a listen too, OP
>>
>>73351391
Julian Casablancas has absolutely no talent. He can't write a song. He can't sing for shit. He can't really play an instrument proficiently. This is all the more frustrating when you learn that he has been very, very wealthy for his entire life. But goddammit is he sexy.
>>
>>73351391
The best song on Angles is Taken For a Fool and it's essentially just Elvis Costello lite. Everybody knows Is This It is great. Room On Fire isn't a good ALBUM, but every song on it is a banger. The rest of their discography is shit.
>>
>>73351728
>not Life is Simple in the Moonlight
>>
>>73351391
They were in the early days.
>>
Listen to their first album.
>>
>>73351391
Debut is The Last Great Rock Album in history, but don't bother with the rest.
>>
they are great
and comedown machine is very underrated
>>
>>73352203
>Last great rock album
Up the Bracket and WPSIATWIN are both great rock albums
>>
nah, they're shit
>>
>>73351699
Why does his wealth affect you?
>>
>>73351391
Is This It is a fantastic album and a must-listen for anyone that claims to know about music. It revived the music scene of the early 2000s and opened it up for all the great bands that emerged later in the decade That said, it sounds great even without context. If you like ITI, then listen to Room On Fire - it's more of the same. If you also like ROF, then just work your way through their discography. Angles is their 3rd best behind their first two imo, but very different from their original sound
>>
>>73353153
also turn on the bright lights
>>
>>73352203
>>73353153
>>73353984

Silent Alarm by Bloc Party and Like Clockwork by QOTSA are also great imo
>>
No. Boring rock
>>
>>73351391
They're fantastic. Their entire discography has interesting moments and First Impressions of the Earth, while spotty, does this interesting prog and metal influenced postpunk that is fascinating and unique.
>>
>>73353063
IKR !!!
>>
>>73351391
they are good I used to be a big fangril, but you get over them eventually
>>
>>73351391
their first 2 albums are god tier. everything else is meh
>>
>>73355709
Please be London
>>
I like a few of their songs but they're undeniable one of the most overrated bands of all time. Fucking watered down Television.
>>
>>73351391
They are ver good and have produced no bad song.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.