[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when you realized TKOL was the best Radiohead album ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: The_king_of_limbs.jpg (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
The_king_of_limbs.jpg
46KB, 250x250px
Where were you when you realized TKOL was the best Radiohead album ?
>>
>>73349502
in another universe parallel to our own where it's the best Radiohead album
>>
File: HD peep.png (279KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
HD peep.png
279KB, 421x421px
>>73349522
h-how did you get there
>>
This isn't even the best Radiohead album with the letter "B" in it.
>>
>>73349532
shut it Morty
>>
>>73349543
The Bends is garbage
>>
>>73349543
my nigga, you meant Bail to the Bief, right?
>>
>>73349567
he probably meant In Rainbows ...
>>
>>73349589
Oh. Carry on
>>
The Bends is their best
Protip: you can't
>>
>>73349502
at home listening to it when it surprise dropped at 4am the day before it was supposed to come out
>>
>>73350913
Remember the part 2 hubbub
>>
Kid A > OKC > Hail to the Thief > A Moon Shaped Pool > In Rainbows > TKoL > Amnesiac > The Bends > Pablo Honey
>>
>>73349502
in another dimmension. in this dimmension we all know amnesiac is the best
inb4 bleep bloop kid Autisms come in
>>
>>73351233
>Amnesiac anything but #2
>HTTT above anything but the king of limbs and pablo honey
McFuckingKillyourself
>>
>>73351247
>Amnesiac anywhere close to the top half
>thinks Thief is bad
Found the contrarian
>>
>>73351259
>thinks Thief is good
>doesn't think Amnesiac is one of the best Radiohead albums
found the pleb
>>
>>73349502
It's not the best obviously, but by far their most underrated, top 4 Radiohead album
>>
>>73351419
When someone doesn't have TKOL in their top4 you know you can immediately discard all of their music opinions.
>>
>>73351233
OKC > AMSP > In Rainbows > Kid A > HTTT > Amnesiac = The King Of Limbs > The Bends > Pablo Honey

I respect those who rate Kid A very highly, but I personally can't, because I use it as bedtime music, so I always just fall asleep while listening to it.

The King Of Limbs isn't BAD. If it were an album by any other artist, I would say it was fantastic. But by Radiohead, it's just overshadowed by all their other greats.

I rate it even with Amnesiac (which is also good).

The Bends is shit, and anyone who likes it is a shitty person.

>>73351247
>>73351259
>>73351394
It's okay to like Amnesiac more than HTTT, and it's okay to like HTTT more than Amnesiac. They both have their merits, and different types of people with different tastes will be attracted to one or the other. I personally prefer HTTT, but a friend of mine likes Amnesiac better.

>>73351450
The problem is that Radiohead has consistently put out so many albums that are just BETTER than King. Like, King isn't even bad. It's fucking good. It's just that it doesn't stand out among the others.
>>
>>73351641
>amnesiac is just good
Amnesiac is brilliant. The flying vocals of you and whose army?, the full, rich chords of pyramid song, the bassline of i might be wrong, the heaven ascension of like spinning plates, the jazz cacophony of life in a glasshouse. The only missstep is dollars and cents. There's a cohesive feel to Amnesiac, which is more than I can say about TKOL, with its odd accoustic and simple piano melodies. Feral is good though.
>>
>>73351869
>Amnesiac is brilliant.
No, it's just good.
>Pulk Pull
>You and Whose Army
>Knives Out
are just pretty good songs
>Hunting Bears
>Morning Bell
are god awful

Dollars and Cents is better than all of those songs, and the songs you singles out are clearly the best ones on the record.
>>
>>73351394
You know only one person in this thread thinks Amne is good, and it's you.>>73351234
>>
>>73351965
I can do this too
for kid a
>idioteque
>motion picture
>morning bell
are just pretty good
and
>treefingers
is god awful.
>>73351978
wow, you showed me
>>
>>73352022
The difference is you're wrong. Treefingers isn't pointless like Hunting Bears is, and the three tracks you mention as "pretty good" are the best three songs on the record.
>>
>>73352087
t. Anthony Fantano
>>
>>73349567
You mean The ends?
>>
I was on 2cb and molly and watching from the basement
>>
Ranking albums has to be the dumbest thing this board has concocted
>>
>>73353025
It's an internet/male thing
>>
Kid a my dudes.
>Everything in its right place
>Idioteque
>The national anthem
how can anything else even compare
>>
>>73353444
>no In Limbo or Optimistic
>>
>>73349567
Proceed to jumping off the golden gate bridge.
>>
>>73353035
>>73353025
This. I fucking hate album ranking culture. Especially this /10 shite. Just enjoy the fucking album cunts and stop waving your cocks around.
>>
>>73349543
In RainBows
>>
>>73349522
really makes you think
>>
TRIPPING ON ACID LISTENING TO IT FO THE FIRST TIME EVER. LISTENED TO THE WHOLE ALBUM AT LEAST 7 TIMES THROUGH THAT DAY. I DIDN'T INTEND TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS BUT I GUESS IT'S TOO LATE.
>>
>>73349589
Nah he meant Pablo Honey
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.