[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal Collective - Meeting of the Waters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I haven't been here much the last few months. Have we talked about this yet?

Man of oil is their best song in a while imo and the other three all have their good parts. I think they're responding to the criticism they got for HZ and Painting with, and I think it bodes well for their next album.

Oh and while I'm typing, does anyone else get kind of annoyed at how much of anco content is slow, sporadic sound collages? Maybe I'm failing to appreciate something, but when I put on one of their albums I often get bored in the drawn out material between the "real" songs.
>>
wish i enjoyed it. major snooze fest
>>
>>73349230
i dont like their ambient either, besides baleen sample

they need to stick to pop and focused freak folk
>>
>>73349230
I don't think that much of what they do is all that unstructured, really. I can't say that for anything off of PW or CHz, or SJ for that matter, but I also think it's really cool when they dip into more pure sound stuff. The ending to Daily Routine is what really makes the song to me, Visiting Friends is one of my favorite tracks on Sung Tongs, and Campfire Songs is firmly top 5 AnCo to me.
>>
second song is decent and the rest are okay

painters is better honestly and I like older anco a lot more
>>
>>73350776
I wasn't doing anything so I listened to those 2 songs to try and see what you're saying.
The end of daily routine is beautiful. It's really more like 2 distincr songs but they flow together in a way that makes them both better.
Visiting friends is a little harder to get into but a good one. It has really nice warm pads in some parts that are like the ones in the end of daily routine which I like.

I've never actually listened to campfire songs. Giving it a try now.

I guess an example of the parts I don't like is Amazanawana on the new release. It has like 2 minutes of radio chatter.
>>
>>73351463
Yeah I do like PW, I don't agree with a lot of the negativity around it.
First time I listened to it I hated it but it's one of those that gets better the more you learn it. There's always so much going on in that album it's hard to catch the rhythms on the first listen.
>>
>>73351671
Yeah PW is a mixed bag but was specifically talking about the other EP they released this year Painters
>>
>>73349688
did you enjoy campfire songs?
>>
I loved it. And I also loved CHz and PW
>>
>>73349230
This record is comfy as fuck. Love every second of it. It's ambient done right.
>>
WIZARD WITH THE WAND COMPETING WITH THE LIGHTNIN'
>>
The Viceland documentary was pretty good in showing the recording process, but other than that, the same old environmental consciousness shit, like we have any power to stop the destruction of the rainforest. Shit companies exploiting them, paying shit Brazilian politicians to do nothing about it
>>
>>73349230
I will probably never listen to this. Dunno why. The same with that other EP they relased.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.