[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marilyn Manson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: photo-of-marilyn-manson.jpg (35KB, 382x512px) Image search: [Google]
photo-of-marilyn-manson.jpg
35KB, 382x512px
Is he worth listening to past Antichrist Superstar?
>>
No.
>>
Nope.
>>
Nah.
>>
Not really.
>>
Negatory.
>>
Nay.
>>
Negative.
>>
Yes,. Listen to the first four albums and The Pale Emperor. The rest are meh.
>>
Eat Me, Drink Me is one of the most underrated albums EVER
>>
>>73347381
this.
also listen to mechanical animals and holy wood if nothing else OP
>>
>>73347102
Listen up to Holy Wood
>>
>>73347102
manson is shit
>>
>>73348439
trent pls go
>>
summer fags baka
>>
File: maxresdefault(12).jpg (23KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(12).jpg
23KB, 1280x720px
>manson
>>
>>73347381

Yes... Holy Wood is good, Mechanical Animals is amazing, GAOG doesn't have much personality but it's not a bad album, and EMDM is very underrated

Past EMDM it goes to complete shit

>pic related is his best album
>>
>>73348503

trentfags really take the whole feud thing too seriously

I've had some tell me Manson is not even an "artist" lmao
>>
>>73349281
wrong, GAOG is a bad album but it has a lot of personality, by virtue of ironically combining every low-brow dumbass pop music trend for rebel teens into a frighteningly cohesive package of nigger beats and primal chugs and provocative lyrics.

It's got a strong concept (all pop music is fundamentally the same, teenage tribalism is hypocritical, nobody's a real rebel, all art is entertainment, the message doesn't matter as much as the image), spelled out through retarded and trashy music.
>>
>>73347246
Was going to recommend pale too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNTjM3_0N80
>>
Manson... All flash, no substance. I'll give him credit for being an edgelord before it was a thing... Oh , wait, GG Allen, nevermind.
Final emphasis in Manson sucks tremendously.
>>
>>73349298
I won't say he's not an artist but I will say Trent is a much more respectable and consistent guy than Manson
>>
>>73349446
The Pale Emperor is good but it gets old really quick.

It needs some variety

Like at least two or three faster-paced songs and maybe a few synth-driven ones with vocal effects.
>>
>>73349534
Never thought of him as an edge lord. I thought he was more like Alice cooper. Vaudeville horror/music. More spectacle than edge lord.
>>
>>73349544
he's "respectable" by the standards of a HR manager looking for "respectable" employees for a dead-end desk job (and his recent music is also somewhat more workspace-friendly).
But Trent and Brian are both petty, spiteful dickheads.
>>
>>73349534
you write like a tumblrite douchebag
>>
>>73349610
ya got me. I'm a 300lb girl with blue hair and far left liberal ideals. Figured me out.
>>
>>73349595
theatrics aside, he did get caught up in the provocative rockstar power trip he made fun of.

>>73349534
>no substance
extremely intricate wordplay (even on his dumbest albums), relevant cultural commentary with shitloads of interesting references, impressive use of his vocal range, clever song ideas and great album structures. Also a decent composer/producer.
>>
>>73349534

>no substance

You can either like Manson or hate him, but saying he has no substance is just a hivemind opinion that /mu/ cooked up. I think mostly because they suck Trent's cock so much

Lyrically, musically, stage set up, live performance, album concepts, cultural references, talk show appearances and interviews, marketing. He even is a somewhat successeful painter and writter.

The dude breathes arts, and he references in his works are so many it takes days to look them all up

Also, back then there was no "edgyness" in the sense we perceive today. The stuff he said wasn't easy to be said specially since he was part of the mainstream. Nowdays people talk shit about religion and whatnot, but back then things weren't so easy, don't commit that mistake. Everything he does can be seen in a very profound way, I'd say he's one of the last pretentious artists out there
>>
>>73349654
Being a tumblrite fatso is no excuse for writing like one
>>
>>73349686
anti-religious messages and blasphemous imagery were already mainstream before Manson; the difference between him and the others, is that he pitched it as part of the debate on role models that was going on throughout the 90s.
Really that's where a lot of his artistic integrity and relevance came from: criticizing the concept of role models by lumping them all together into a single stage persona. Now that nobody takes that concept seriously anymore he doesn't have much left to say or create.

I mean there are still massive pop culture figures but people don't really look up to them or try to imitate them anymore.
>>
Manson, while a great lyricist isn't much of a musician when you think about it.

Musicaly, he's always been limited to the people that have surrounded him at the time, think daisy berkowitz, tim skold, twiggy etc. He's made it work fantasticaly and I think his albums are a tremendous contribution to the world, but beyond that, there is little replayability to anything but his hits.

tl;dr good shit, but it gets tired fast

hope the fuck releases this new album and retires afterwards, he's out of his prime
>>
>>73349947
I hope that by "hits" you mean albums, not just songs
>>
>>73349947

I agree with this, he is very good with lyrics and concept albums, but the very good guitar riffs always came from the very talented guitar players
Also having Trent as a mentor is a big plus...

He should have retired after Eat Me Drink Me and cemented his position as one of the best industrial artists of all time, but he instead put out 2 terrible albums and possible gonna put another one this year that will stain his image forever
>>
>>73349960
ACSS, Mechanical Animals & Holy Wood fall mostly into this category for me. I can listen to them start to finish and enjoy them for what they are and the musicianship behind them.

On the other hand, I can't stand EMDM or THEOL. They're tired, they have none of the anger and drive that made manson the icon he was. Sure, they're deeply personal and more misery driven than his previous work, but it's just not stuff I can stomach. It takes a good day for me to want to listen to the whole things.

Pale emperor for example was a step up from Born Villain imo, but lost its charm fast, unlike what the early manson put out. Doesn't mean they're bad albums, they just aren't what I've some to expect from him.
>>
>>73349374

looking back at it, I agree with you - I got my words mixed
>>
Yes 100%
>>
>>73349534
Isn't it supposed to be GG Alin?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.