[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King Crimson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: starless-and-bible-black-cover.jpg (79KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
starless-and-bible-black-cover.jpg
79KB, 1000x1000px
Starless and Bible Black > Larks Tongues in Aspic > Discipline > Red > Thrak > Lizard > In the Court of the Crimson King > Beat > Three of a Perfect Pair > In the Wake of Poseidon > The Power to Believe > Islands > The Construkction of Light
>>
Larks > Red > Starless > ITCOTCK > Discipline > Lizard > Islands > ITWOP > Beat > TOAPP > Thrak > TPTB > Construktion
>>
bamp
>>
2112 >>>>> all King Crimson albums
>>
>>73346127
Larks Tongues > Discipline > Beat > ItCotCK = Red > Lizard > Three of etc. > Thrak > Starless > Islands. I can't rate Construkction or Power to Believe because I haven't listened to those neeearly enough, so for now they're after islands but even then, my opinion on these albums changes all the fucking time
>>
>>73347032
Oh no you didnt
>>
>>73347079
oh fuck, and poseidon after lizard
>>
>>73347032
as much as i think that's rush's best album, i still prefer king crimson over them
>>
>>73347081
oh yes I did
>>73347094
King Crimson = Diet Rush
no matter what you guys say Rush will always be better
>>
>>73347139
Is there a point to this? They're both great bands.
>>
>>73347241
>Rush
>great band
they're shit
>>
>>73347275
Wow you're such a cultured prog fan
>>
>>73347275
if by shit you mean the greatest musicians on the planet then I agree
>>
Let's keep the discussion to King Crimson lads
>>
>>73347139
honestly you can't even compare the two. Rush is prog-kitsch. Crimson since Greg Lake left has been anything but a conventional prog band
>>
>>73347275
>>73347279
>>73347288
Average progfag
>>
File: XHBa71T.jpg (70KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
XHBa71T.jpg
70KB, 702x1024px
>>73346127
>Islands that low

The correct ranking is:
Larks' Tongues in Aspic = Islands (both are perfect 10s in my book) > Discipline > Red > In The Court of the Crimson King > In The Wake of Poseidon = Lizard > Three of a Perfect Pair > Starless and Bible Black > Thrak > Beat > The Construckction of Light > The Power to Believe
>>
>>73347886
Every crim album is at least an 8 for me, so don't take offense. I love each and every one of them in different ways. I just like most of their albums more than Islands.
>>
>>73347932
Ok, I gotcha mang. You have good taste regardless of that, though- I must agree that S&BB is criminally underrated (despite how low I put it on my ranking).
>>
>>73347932
Islands is super subtle and pretty, but I agree, the rest of their shit is just so fucking 100%, it feels lackluster by comparison
>>
File: AdrianBelew_Julie-EricSlick.jpg (420KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AdrianBelew_Julie-EricSlick.jpg
420KB, 1280x720px
The World's My Oyster Soup Kitchen Floor Wax Museum
>>
>>73347032
im wearing a rush shirt right now but even i know this isnt true
>>
>>73347032
>broprog
>better than king crimson
frick off
>>
starless > larks tongues > discipline > itcotck = red > tptb > construkction > islands > lizard = itwop = beat > toapp >>>> thrak

fight me i dont get the hate against construkction
>>73347338
average progfan is 63 years old with a shitty job and probably votes libertarian
>>
I'm just getting into King Crimson. I already heard Larks, ITCOTCK, and Red. Where to go from here?
>>
>>73348927
Rush is the best fucking band on the planet, maybe I just have more of a connection with them because they're the band that inspired me to make music, but even without bias, their music is still way better than anything King Crimson ever did personally
>>
>>73350061
Check out Starless and Bible Black and Discipline. Or if you strongly preferred In the Court of those three, check out Islands.
>>
>>73350084
You might wanna stop making music then. Even the dudes in rush would probably disagree with you on that
>>
>>73350061
lizard, duh
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.