[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thanks guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Bitches_brew.jpg (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bitches_brew.jpg
58KB, 300x300px
Ironically my love for technical death metal is what introduced me to jazz specifically instrumental and experimental jazz the genres have a lot of similarities. The main similarity is the way you can lose your self in all the complex layers of instrumentation. However jazz feels more refined to me, it is not necessarily trying to pack a punch or get your adrenaline going like metal is. Experimental jazz like this is wonderful at creating an atmosphere, this album makes me feel like im drowning in some kind of completely disorganized and chaotic nightmare that somehow in and of its self creates order and form. I find it overwhelmingly unnerving and at the same time soothing, and I love that. It takes a level of brilliance to create that feeling that is truly unmatched, miles Davis is my favorite jazz musician because of this. I have yet to find an album that does it better than this one. I find it so easy to lose myself in the music, it simply takes me to another world. Miles davis is a legend.
>>
Listen to the complete sessions
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>
>>73347304
t. poptimist
>>
>>73345561
So this is the only jazz album you've listened to?
>>
>>73347378
Not OP, but if you have some recs I'd appreciate it.
>>
File: PHAROAH_SANDERS_THEMBI-551427.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
PHAROAH_SANDERS_THEMBI-551427.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>73348538
>>
File: thumb.png (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.png
96KB, 480x480px
>>73348586
Listening now, cheers.
>>
>>73348611
Listen to karma after, it's considered his best album but thembi i find is the easiest to listen to
>>
>>73348820
>karma
>hard
lmao what?
it's entry level as fuck
>>
>>73348820
this >>73348854
Karma is basic af. Creator Has a Master Plan breaks for a minute, but like is real easy. The chaotic part isn't abrasive at all.
>>
>>73345561
Soft Machine may be up your alley OP
>>
>>73345561
but OP In A Silent Way is better
>>
>>73348538
The other guy that responded to you isn't me, not that it matters though. Pharoah Sanders is shit in my opinion, if you want more fusion like Bitches Brew then check out the label ECM. Chick Corea is the most obvious starting point, he played with Miles on Bitches Brew and other later albums.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.