[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*deletes everything that's not Sister Ray*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

*deletes everything that's not Sister Ray*
>>
Duck and Sally inside...
>>
>>73331336
>deleting the runners-up to the greatest rock song ever recorded
bad
>>
>>73331336
syster ray is one of the most retarded songs i've ever heard.
why do you like that piece of shit?
>inb4 2deep4u. literally the most patritian song ever recorded. i'm better than everyone cuz i get it
>>
Why would you delete Lady Godiva? that is the most terrifying and yet beautiful music I've heard
>>
>>73331725
cuz its wicked good
>>
>>73331725
2deep4u. literally the most patritian song ever recorded. i'm better than everyone cuz i get it
>>
>>73331336
The only thing that needs to be deleted there is The Gift
>>
>>73332705
Actually leave
>>
>>73331725
I take it that means you don't like noise very much. I love noise. So I love Sister Ray. I am not a smart man.
>>
>>73331336
DING
O
N
G
>>
>>73331725
Sister Ray. Ahhhh.... what to say? So advanced on so many levels! Birth of Noise/Experimental in pop music? Possibly... but was that ever achieved again is the real question. I mean, sure, The Stooges, TJAMC, and Spectrum have come close to emulating some of what The Velvet Underground achieved on White Light/White Heat, but not many have. They are the best marriage of the wall of sound and pop music.
>>
Sister Ray is nothing but a crude art gesture. The reverence for it literally only comes from Scaruffi's miseducated opinion. There were noise rock songs before Sister Ray, and there are better noise rock songs than Sister Ray. it is a good song but not some incredible masterpiece.

>>73334302
on Heroin the velvets combined noise and pop before they did on sister ray. Heroin is also a much better written song. Furthermore, I would recommend you listen to the Sonics and Monks, the bands that the velvets were ripping off on WL/WH

>>73333036
I love noise too but I can think of many better examples of noise than Sister Ray. Not an outstanding or particularly spectacular song by any means.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.