[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this nigga going to be the next big thing in music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: AML.jpg (197KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AML.jpg
197KB, 1000x1000px
Is this nigga going to be the next big thing in music?
>>
no he is only doing one more album. he is making too much bank in hollywood
>>
>>73329764
Learn to read, he is only doing one more album under the name of Childish Gambino.
He will probably stick to Donald or some new alternate identity.
>>
>>73329742
you mean the previous?
>>
Nah, he's trash. Shit taste
>>
>>73329779
keep hoping. this was his only good album anyways
>>
Entertainment as a whole
desu his talent is more in film but I like his music and will look forward to how he progresses in the future

Also obligatory LOL at how hard p4k has tried and failed at killing his career from day 1
>>
i'm all for the high concept stuff, and everyone should dream big, but he's not good enough at any aspect of hip-hop to fulfill his vision. a true auteur plots the course, steers the ship, fills the sails - D. Glover can do all of that to some extent, but not amazingly. forever mediocre, occasionally good. wouldn't be anywhere near as big without the name recognition; wouldn't be approaching as confident without the ego boost TV gave him.
>>
One thing I love about him, both in his acting / directing and in his music is that he just does what he thinks is unique.

He doesn't really care what people think and he isn't afraid to experiment.
>>
Is that what happens when you make a derivative, mediocre funk album?
>>
>>73329742
>going to be
>>
File: 0105 - IQrru8o.jpg (45KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0105 - IQrru8o.jpg
45KB, 499x499px
*85 year old negress voice*
S T A Y W O K E
T
A
Y
W
O
K
E
>>
I'm a huge fan of Donald, but never dug his music so much. AML is probably the closest he's come to make a great album, and even that was a complete departure from his usual style.

Still tho, love Atlanta and can't wait for his role as Lando Calrissian.
>>
>>73329960
Hence, him killing off his childish gambino character. He's splitting his personality into a new persona, black freddie mercury or something like that. Dude is just immensely talented and can accomplish pretty much anything he sets his mind to. He was never meant to be a rapper, it was just kind of a natural starting point for him.
>>
>>73332720
What's weird though, if you've ever read or watched past interviews he's said he has always wanted to be a rapper or at least a musician. But I guess now that he's gotten his fill, or possibly even grew up and matured, he just doesn't have much interest in it anymore.
>>
>>73329742
hes one of the best rappers alive, but i dont feel he doesnt have a obligation to prove anything after his last album, 10/10
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.