[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished listening to this entire album for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: images.duckduckgo.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
I just finished listening to this entire album for the first time. I know a lot of people say that it grows on you the more time you listen to it, but in your opinion, what makes this album so great?

I'm a newfag to Kanye
>>
>>73325838
Whenever I see that, I think this.
>>
>>73325838
Don't worry if you don't like it, it's his most polarizing album

I personally love it because of the tribalistic yet stiff, minimal, electronic atmosphere it gives off, and of course the retarded lyrics
>>
File: MI0000174211.jpg (31KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
MI0000174211.jpg
31KB, 500x431px
>>73325892
What about this?
>>
Lyrically and in terms of rapping it's Kanye's weakest work. But for me the production and Kanye's tone and aggressiveness on the album are what makes this album special.
>>
>>73325838
it's not an *objectively* great album, don't feel bad about not liking it
>>
>>73325838
I love the instrumentals. Minimalist yet hard hitting and aggressive synths done to perfection. I love the sometimes hilarious and infinitely quotable lyrics, I love Kanye's delivery, almost every verse ends with with him hysterically screaming. It keeps the momentum going very well, not very many weak spots on the album and its nice, short, and sweet.
>>
>>73325838
its intense and silly at the same time and then theres a few moments of eargasm perfection like frank ocean chief keef n charlie wilson features, makes it a really weird interesting listen.
>>
>>73325838
>first song literally talks about cucking

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>73325838
I like the crude and aggressive production and "in your face" -sound of the whole album.
Altough some people bash on his lyrics on this album, I think they're great.
I think there are no bad songs on Yeezus. Even Bound 2, which at first I absolutely hated, grew on me later.

I'd love to hear the 3 hour long version that was made before Rick Rubin stripped it down to what it is now.
>>
theres this weird tone I get from this album, how he mashes together old soul/gospel/reggae with this insanely distorted production, it gives off this weird vibe that I cant really describe and Ive never heard before
>>
>>73325838
Hard for me to describe because I'm not a huge fan of it, but definitely go back to it. I liked it much more four months after my first listen than I did on the first listen
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.