[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

get your lectranics out of my industrial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: indusitral.jpg (991KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
indusitral.jpg
991KB, 1465x1209px
get your lectranics out of my industrial
>>
get your serial killer worship out of my power electronics
>>
i really like power electronics
>>
>>73325255
Hey me too
>>
>>73325411
when did /mu/ become so norman
>>
File: Bayeux_Tapestry_WillelmDux.jpg (127KB, 401x291px) Image search: [Google]
Bayeux_Tapestry_WillelmDux.jpg
127KB, 401x291px
>>73325575
>norman
?
>>
face it. industrial music is a huge meme thanks to shit like Manson, Rob Zombie, Skinny Puppy etc. PE, however still stays at least somewhat ok
>>
>>73325186
wtf lmaooo
>>
>>73325186
Start this type of thread again pls.
>>
File: 1456785720850.jpg (19KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
1456785720850.jpg
19KB, 640x636px
>>73325746
>>
I can't stand the name "power-electronics" it's so retarded.
Not to mention how insufferable the fans are.

Death Industrial master race
>>
>>73325821

duuur here we go again
It's trendy to hate on Skinny Puppy now?
Their 80s/early 90s stuff is the greatest example of Industrial music (or post-industrial if you wanna be pedantic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqCzj4R5Zg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_VmkLKkRgw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFsq6h4-zrE

PE is for trendy faggots
>>
>>73325821
>shit like Manson, Rob Zombie, Skinny Puppy
That shit's not industrial, son
>>
>>73327122
no shit
>>
>>73327101
>skinny puppy
>good
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>73327209

"duurr /mu/ said skinny puppy sux so I'm going to take their word as objective fact"

Learn2think4urself plebe
And yes, they're one of the greatest bands of all time.
Sure they went downhill since The Process and with the loss of Dwayne, but lets not let that tarnish their early legacy.

I suggest you go listen to Back & Forth series 2, Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse, Vivisectvi, Rabies and Last Rights.
>>
Power Electronics is good
>>
>>73327122
>>73327186

Industrial since the early 80s has been a meta genre.

Skinny Puppy definitely is industrial, Manson is associated with the genre thanks to Trent and Rob Zombie could be seen as a metal hybrid of EBM and electro-industrial.
>>
>>73327122
yes, but they're ruined the impression of industrial for most music consumers. if you approached a random person and asked them to name the first band that comes to mind when they think of industrial music, they're going to say something like Nine Inch Nails, White Zombie, Ministry, not something like Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, or actual pure industrial acts. On the other hand, with power electronics, it hasn't been tarnished yet by popular bands that make the genre more accessible.

>>73327101
>greatest example of industrial music
That's probably either Halber Mensch or the Tetsuo soundtrack
>or post-industrial
you're thinking of The Young Gods, anon

>>73327323
this
>>
>>73327405

Here is the problem though.
There is a lack of proper documentation and representation of the genre.
During the 80s - 90s in the US we only had MTV and the mainstream press, who only knew of Wax-Trax esque industrial.
As a response to that people started looking back at Industrial records era TG and who associated with them, which lead to even more confusion as people started associating bands like Cabaret Voltaire and Nurse with Wound with "industrial music".
Now you have gen z kids thinking witch house is industrial.

I think there should be a website dedicated to the genre (including all spinoffs and deviations).

If I had to recommend someone "pure" industrial I would point to Second Annual Report or In Search of Death.
But I see people here, for years, namedrop Foetus and Swans albums, so there is still a clear lack of understanding on the genre and how it developed.

There is NOTHING out there that does a decent job of documenting industrial music.
There was the recent book "Assimilate: A critical history of industrial music", but it was plagued by the same ignorance and blind elitism.

>Halber Mensch
Haus Der Luge would like to have a word with you
>>
>>73327733
>I think there should be a website dedicated to the genre (including all spinoffs and deviations).
So you're suggesting something similar to the The Metal Archives but for Industrial and closely related genres? Because I think that could be pretty cool and quite useful.
>>
>>73325186
I listen to Whitehouse for the same reasons I listen to Alex Jones
Is that the right approach?
>>
>>73327047
how do I into death industrial? I find it to be a really vague identifier, it seems to cross over a lot with PE. I like trepaneringsritualen if that counts.
>>
>>73329417
it's literally just PE with screams, maybe reverb, and xxxtra-darkkk album art
>>
>>73327337
what the fuck?
what does Rob Zombie have to do with EBM (or electro-industrial for that matter) ?

It's just. mixture of psychobilly, horror punk and industrial rock
>>
>>73327405
>On the other hand, with power electronics, it hasn't been tarnished yet by popular bands that make the genre more accessible.

Pharmakon

In fact PE has become a complete meme for clueless elitists who are so hell-bent on ONLY liking PURE industrial that they end up dismissing anything that sounds somewhat catchy or melodic, to the point where their conception of "industrial music" is inaccurately restrictive.

Industrial, much like autism, is a spectrum, not a genre.
>>
>>73327733
Yeah it's funny it's almost like how in the late 2000s metalheads realized that 2nd wave BM wasn't actually what Black Metal originally sounded like, and they ended up reviving 1st wave BM with all its various influences, and that resulted in a shitload of micro-subgenres that sound retro as fuck but didn't actually exist back then.

Now we got vague-ass shit like "death industrial" that's basically harsh noise with screams.

I mean it's cool. But I still prefer Waxtrax shit by a long shot.
>>
Harsh Noise Wall > Power Electronics > Industrial
>>
>>73330075
I agree
>>
>>73330075
>Standing in front of DOD Death Metal pedal feedback loop and remaining motionless for 10 minutes.
>>
>>73329573
wowee I guess I'm a "clueless elitist" for not wanting to listen to fucking synthpop when I look for industrial music
>>
>>73330075
HNW is so boring it hurts
>>
>>73325575
>>
>>73330411
HNW is good for extremely specific moods only, at least to me
I need to want something to blast the thoughts out of my head and zone out to, like power ambient
More rhythmic and dynamic noise has much more potential
>>
>>73330360
you probably are. there's a reason why we make up autistically precise subgenre names like "power electronics", it's so that people like you can listen to industrial music that isn't also synthpop, without having any legitimate reason to misconstrue their choice as a token of authenticity. It's your clue to avoid unwarranted elitism. If you can't take it, that makes you a clueless elitist.
>>
>>73325186
Power electronics is good. This image would be accurate if retarded pepe was electro-industrial/EBM or industrial rock.
>>
>>73330411
Well it's not exactly meant to be exciting. Like a previous anon said it's basically power ambient.
>>
>>73329573
shes more popular than most pe artists, but shes really not more accessible at all
>>
>>73330570
t. retarded pepe
>>
>>73330613
t. even more retarded pepe
>>
>>73330570
There's more nuance, intricacies, subtlety and work involved in creating a cybergoth club banger than in creating an entire PE album. The only reason why some people prefer Power Electronics is because of its austere, self-serious and extra-edgy image. They operate on the assumption that more mature = less fun

Power electronics? More like Poser Electronics!
>>
>>73330570
kys

>>73330657
based anon dropping the truth bombs
>>
>>73330551
>autisticaclly precise
lmao albums that sound nothing alike have been called "power electronics"
>>
>>73330657
*flails autistically to shitty edgy beats made by 40 year-old bald german men*
^ literally u
>>
>>73330657
no people prefer power electronics because they aren't 15 year old goths
>>
>>73330675
it's still autistically precise considering how easy it would be to lump it all in under the term "noise"
or, in some people's case, "industrial".
>>
>>73330694
*wriggles like an eel on the ground in front of hipster college students
^physically u
>>
>>73330695
if that were the case, they'd listen to Kendrick Lamar rather than PE
>>
>>73330694
dancing > posing
>>
>>73330704
I mean considering that people consider Caberet Voltaire and Clock DVA to be the purest form of "industrial" not really. I guess I kinda agree with you with most PE falling into "noise" but most people think of a more japanoise sound thanks to merzmeme when they hear "noise", which you don't really get with "power electronics". it's more of plebs being plebs rather than elitists trying to seperate "real industrial" from the rest
>>
>>73330790
The point is that trying to pinpoint (or even seriously theorize) "pure industrial" by exclusion of other genres is just as stupid as denying the differences between early SPK and Grendel

"Industrial" is an adjective and I think that it's best used as such: to tell if a noise piece or an EBM club hit or a rock song has some "industrial" qualities.
>>
you guys are dumb as fuck for arguing about this lmaooo they all sound like refrigerators through an hm2 pedal
>>
>>73330922
nope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5JNABrrjOA
>>
>>73327209
not an argument, you can't even explain why skinny puppy is bad you fucko
>>
File: tront rezner.png (7KB, 303x167px) Image search: [Google]
tront rezner.png
7KB, 303x167px
helo this is tront

dont get so hung up about indusitral

i dident even now i was makign indusitral i thotgh i was doing newvawe

its not all that serious
>>
>>73331167
I like this post
>>
>>73329573
she's different because while she is much more popular than most power electronics artists, her sound is about as accessible, as say, Ramleh or some shit like that. She's really no more accessible than that, she's just hot, I guess.
>>
>>73331167
kek
>>
File: trent-reznor-in-slam-bamboo-2.gif (2MB, 350x194px) Image search: [Google]
trent-reznor-in-slam-bamboo-2.gif
2MB, 350x194px
>pop rock that sounds a bit like a factory or something
>better than PE

nah
>>
File: post punk.png (178KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
post punk.png
178KB, 1465x1209px
>>73325186
>>
>>73331660
doesnt even make sense
>>
File: file.png (304KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
304KB, 500x658px
>>73331672
>he doesn't get it
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.