[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mu/, with people like Lil Uzi Vert, Kylie Jenner, and Justin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: whytho.jpg (98KB, 500x438px)
whytho.jpg
98KB, 500x438px
Hey /mu/, with people like Lil Uzi Vert, Kylie Jenner, and Justin Bieber all wearing Marilyn Manson merchandise in the past year iti got me wondering:

He might have an iconic aesthetic, but does he actually have ANY good music?
>>
Spooky Kids tapes
Portrait
(ymmv on Smells)
Antichrist
Mechanical
(ymmv on Holy Wood)
Then stop. Post-1999, no dice.

(Best vocal performance is Last Tour on Earth if you're remotely vocal production savvy / if overt enhancements in the studio albums bug you.)

I can understand those perspectives, and by no means do I think he's a musical god or anything. He's shit without his band/songwriters. I like his atmosphere and his theatricality. I occasionally find it obnoxious when he gets too whiny as well. However, generally speaking, as a lyricist, I think he has poetic talent as long as he doesn't get too carried away with self-pity. I really like his more satirical, less "Metallic" albums. For instance, I liked the creepy punk thing he did on Portrait of an American Family and I liked his electronic, glam thing on Mechanical Animals. I like the production. He really "goes for the drama". I did theater in school. I like that. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't like his aesthetics as well. I like a lot of his videos. I like his symbolism. I liked Antichrist Superstar's synthesized, industrial sound, though I know that can be mostly attributed to Trent Reznor. I like synthesizers.

Really, I don't listen to it and pity my existence or get bummed over the state of society or find myself feeling trapped or controlled or angry or disdainful toward religion. It's not really emotional music for me at all.

When I listen to it, it's a driving, often exciting, occasionally sleezy sort of experience that conjures vivid imagery.

It's like grand guignol theater. That's what I like about it.

(Portrait of an American Family and Antichrist Superstar are full of noise-rock guitar tones (sometimes even noise solos), weird sampling, and warped production.)
>>
>>73323815
Thank you so much for this, it's a huge help!

Your opinion is exactly what I was looking for, the last thing I want is someone who actually listens to this guy with an emotional investment. I'm pretty much in it for the sleaze, the imagery, and the (forgive me for saying) 'vibes'

Had I not seen photos of Marilyn Manson or his aesthetic decisions at all, I'd probably never be a fan - this is a good step towards finding things of his that I think listen a little better though. Thanks!!!
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.