[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is This the Life We Really Want?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

So, now that the dust has settled, what did you think about it?

IMHO, it's pretty solid overall, it feels like a really cohesive combination between the sounds of prog-era Pink Floyd and the bitter edygness of Roger Waters lyrics. Not sure if I enjoyed it more than Amused to Death but at the very least it actually feels like an album made out of genuine passion and pessimism, unlike the awful mess The Endless River was.
>>
>>73322649
It's ok, best Waters solo album.

Also people really underrate The Endless River just because it's not as good as prime Pink Floyd and they were expecting some grand ending to PF.

It's still a really great collection of ambient tracks that shouldn't have been released as an album at all.
>>
>>73322732
>It's still a really great collection of ambient tracks that shouldn't have been released as an album at all.
That's very much how I feel about it, desu. There are some genuinely excellent tracks in there but it could as well have just been part of one of those Collector's Edition releases for The Division Bell instead of being exasperatedly marketed as something completely new and unique.
>>
>>73322732
people rate the Endless River accurately because it's fucking boring and there's not a whole lot to appreciate
>>73322649
As for Roger, I just think he's using modern politics to prop up his whole "wake up sheeple" act that hasn't worked since the wall (and even then it's debatable)
>>
File: 1450625321892.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1450625321892.gif
3MB, 220x212px
>>73322754
>expressing distaste towards moral injustices in politics is the equivalent of being a fedora-wearing "le redpilled anonymoose"
The man has literally given speeches at UN conferences, you have to be really cynical to assume he has no actual interest in politics.
>>
>>73322835
Oh no, I'm sure he means well by his intentions, it just isn't all that interesting anymore, in the age when absolutely everybody in the world is a political commentator and prone to melodrama and overstatement, his message is extremely bland.
>>
>>73322649
He literally rips off multiple Pink Floyd songs almost verbatim. Really shit album, actually.
>>
great record. his vocals are much better than I expected
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.