[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Bands you don't get the appeal of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Cover.jpg (402KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
402KB, 500x492px
These guys. It's just generic sounding post-punk over non-sensical lyrics mannered out in a toneless flurry.
>>
File: radiohead-.jpg (50KB, 870x570px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead-.jpg
50KB, 870x570px
>>
>>73321648
Why?
>>
>>73321666
Just about every one of their albums sounds super depressing.
>>
File: 51EY2DMGRCL.jpg (43KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
51EY2DMGRCL.jpg
43KB, 500x485px
So overrated it hurts.
>>
>>73321706
That's kinda their thing though.
>>
Muse. They never brought anything interesting or valuable to the table for me.
>>
File: MrBungle-MrBungle.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MrBungle-MrBungle.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
It sounds like the theme for down syndrome. What's the appeal?
>>
>>73321639
you either get em or you don't

>EAT Y'SELF FITTAH
>>
>>73321715
"i don't get the appeal" != album sucks
the problem is you, not the album
>>
>>73321639
Do you like post-punk? Perverted By Language deserves all the praise it gets and is better than Hex Enduction Hour

>>73321648
>>73321706
That's okay, they're sort of an entry level band to help you get into music, kinda like Muse. You're not really expected to take them seriously once you're out of your teens
>>
>>73321706
That doesn't mean it's bad
>>
Blink 182 Green Day Sum 41 all of that shit

I don't get it it's just so boring :/
>>
>>73322797
I still take them very seriously, fuck you
>>
>>73322785
It just sounds so amateurish.
>>
>>73322797
>they're sort of an entry level band to help you get into music
>You're not really expected to take them seriously once you're out of your teens
Here's your (You)
>>
>>73322797
Perverted by Language is so badly recorded it gives me a headache
And I love Grotesque
>>
>>73321639
If the fall had a real quality drummer they would have been the GOAT band (but that would have defeated the point)

theyre still fucking ace though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4dP43KWaSU
>>
>>73322847
good, it's shit music made of pure edge that you aren't really expected to like out of middle school
also muh alternative
>>
Everything Phil Elvrum makes
>>
File: Y.jpg (122KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Y.jpg
122KB, 1080x1080px
I get why on paper why people like the Pop Group, but to me this album was pretty average.
>>
>>73324314
Average how? The honesty and rawness of Dylan, jagged Captain Beefheart style riffs, dub bass rhythms, funk guitar elements and it's even danceable on top of that. What's not to like? Nick Cave loves them too.
https://youtu.be/BUC2GmzJpGY
>>
>>73322797
>I don't like this band so I will just say something that sounds lika a real advice but is actually nothing than straight up bashing
>>
>>73324400
Exactly, it sounds great on paper, but it all just ends up sounding rather aimless and uninteresting to listen to, save for a few songs.
>>
>>
>>73324468
Aimless? Did you listen to the lyrics at all? With lyrics like theirs, the sound they developed only makes sense. And how many other bands gave have done something similar? Perhaps Zappa, Mr. Bungle, Cardiacs, Crotchduster and maybe some zolo bands. I would argue that all of those artists I've mentioned made very engaging and interesting music.
>>
File: SwansBand2.jpg (342KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
SwansBand2.jpg
342KB, 980x980px
I couldn't even finish Soundtracks for the Blind. None of the albums I've heard up to it are engaging and worth listening to more than once for me. I'm also not new to experimental music and I've been told that's the reason I was disappointed.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.