[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so /mu/ is for mainstream normies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: ae.jpg (164KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ae.jpg
164KB, 1200x1200px
how come you discuss radiohead and kanye west all day?
don't you have any interest in music?
4chan is generally "alternative" while /mu/ is overwhelmingly boring and mainstream, why is that?
>>
It used to be better
>>
>>73320528
lol
>>
>>73320528
/mu/ is basically /r/music but more racist and sexist
>>
>>73320528
There used to be more discussion of other artists, but not so much anymore
>>
>>73320760
at least that
>>
>>73320528
because this board is filled with 16 year olds that know their favorite music is shit but they call you a contrarian if you point out the flaws in the shitty music. they bump only meme threads instead of actual discussions and only talk about the same indie rock, alternative rock, pop punk garbage instead of finding new and interesting music
>>
>>73320780
I get that you'd like it to be some extremely anti-normie board, but in this case being just the more racist and sexist version of /r/music only makes /mu/ more autistic in compare
It's not anti-normie, it's a bunch of normies who're saying some racist/sexist things, while listening to their favorite rappers/waifus
>>
>>73320528
>4chan is generally "alternative"

newfag
>>
>>73320528
I subconsciously filter out most threads on here so I guess I have a slightly warped perception, but I've always found people with a much greater depth and breadth of musical knowledge on here than other sites. I'd say around 80% of users have pretty average 'music fan' taste, then maybe 15% being a bit more into niche genres, with the remaining 5% into stochasticism and throat singing.
>>
>>73320830
ok, thx, i get it now
and i thought /his/ was dumb
>>
>>73320846
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK5uG2fN6HE
>>
>>73320846
post your filters
>>
>>73320528
>4chan is generally "alternative" while /mu/ is overwhelmingly boring and mainstream, why is that?
It's filled with a younger generation of people, when I browsed /mu/ around 2008-2012, a wider variety of music was discussed because it had people who are accustomed to digging for music.

People these days are generally less interested in looking for music for themselves, because while ubiquitous, they rely on youtube celebrities and major cash cows to spoonfeed them, and supply their taste.
>>
>>73320760
>/mu/
>racist and sexist
What have you been taking? /mu/ puts fucking /lit/ to shame.
>>
>>73320920
my point stands
>>
None of the mainstream boards actively go out of their way to be contrarian anymore. Even /tv/ begrudgingly discusses capeshit when the latest movie is released.
>>
>>73320975
/tv/ used to be better as well
>>
>>73320869
Yeah I was actually thinking of Phurpa, I like their live album Dakini Laughter.

>>73320874
I stopped using actual filters when I realised I ended up missing a lot of good stuff.
>>
>>73320975
>/tv/ discussing capeshit
>begrudgingly
/tv/ is the most turbo-normie board on this entire site. If it was even half as contrarian as /mu/ there would be daily art house threads and even some actual film discussion. As it stands every thread is either dead memes, ogling actresses, capeshit, /pol/-lite, or dumb tv shows
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.