[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it take me so long to listen to this? It's fucking great!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: The_Strokes_-_Is_This_It_cover.png (67KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Strokes_-_Is_This_It_cover.png
67KB, 300x300px
Why did it take me so long to listen to this? It's fucking great!
>>
Perfect album. The strokes don't get enough love
>>
>>73319598

So long as you stop there, you're gold. Nothing else they've done is remotely as strong.
>>
>>73319702
>Room On Fire
>Angles
Maybe not as quintessential as ITI, but both very strong and worthy of praise
>>
>>73319598
It was a necessary album at the time to get out of the post-grunge, nu-metal dystopia. Apart from that it's overloaded with nostalgia for bygone eras that effectively set rock music back 20 years.

It's an overrated to shit album and the faux-urban image they presented was inauthentic and lame. Just watching that Someday music video makes me sick.
>>
>>73319751
Somebody seems a little upset. Is everything alright sweetie? <3
>>
>>73319779
That somebody being you, anon.
>>
>>73319751
How did it set rock back? Most of the bands to come out of the mid-2000s and on have The Strokes to thank

How is it faux-urban? They were all born and raised in New York, and recorded the album here. They originally had a song called New York City Cops on the record, but had to remove it in the wake of 9/11. You can be mad at The Strokes for a bunch of things, but not for pretending to be from New York
>>
>>73319793
How so? I'm just checking if this anon (or maybe it's you) is feeling alright. He/she seemed a little bent out of shape. Music shouldn't make you mad, it should be fun :)
>>
>>73319810
They were all private school bitches with rich daddies. It's all an act.
It set rock back because it was obsessed with recapturing 60s and 70s aesthetics instead of being distinct. This was the point where rock music became parodical and anachronistic in the mainstream.
>>
>>73319823
You're offended by my post clearly, take it easy pal.
>>
>>73319849
No, not really, you just talked in a pretty grumpy way about the band and I can't understand why.
>>
>>73319859
I generally don't talk positively about things I dislike. Are you a female?
>>
>>73319837
So because they were rich, they weren't really from the city? You're an idiot. They may have had wealthy families but they pretty actively rejected that lifestyle, hence what they wore and where they hung out.

>it was obsessed with recapturing 60s and 70s aesthetics instead of being distinct
Yeah because Is This It was definitely a dad rock rip off without any modern style. Just because they dressed like the ramones doesn't mean they sounded like them
>>
>>73319883
Fair enough. And no, I'm not. Oh well, I'm just happy to hear that you're doing fine, have a nice day <3
>>
>>73319915
I never said they weren't from the city, I said they were inauthentic. And no, they ripped off Velvet Underground and Iggy Pop. It's called garage rock revival for a reason.
>>
>>73319957
Agree to disagree man. I think they were authentic and original but that's me
>>
>>73320029
Such maturity, gold star for you anon
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.