[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the consensus on Mac Miller?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1281723226_mackids.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1281723226_mackids.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
What's the consensus on Mac Miller?
>>
i liked his alter ego rap project Delusional Thomas
>>
made some dumb shit for basic bitches. did a ton of drugs. got kinda better. but still makes dumb shit sometimes mixed with good shit sometimes.

somehow is banging ariana grande.
>>
Used to be utter trash for middle school kids. Started dipping his toes into good production and worked with Flying Lotus a little.

Now makes decent hip-hop that occasionally rises to "great" and occasionally sinks back to mediocre.
>>
He clearly peaked with this release
>>
>>73303294
my favorite projects from him are KIDS, GO:OD AM and Watching Movies
>>
i've got a lot of respect for him desu

>makes shallow frat-rap for white kids
>first album is panned, pitchfork gives it a 1.0
>his next album uses unconventional production, features jay electronica, clever lyricism, pure backpacker hipster bait
>pitchfork gives it a 7.0
>he immediately goes back to making shallow frat-rap for white kids

it's like he made watching movies just to prove to everyone that he's a competent emcee with a good ear for beats and features, but prefers to make shitty party jams, and I can respect that.
>>
>>73303302
That shit was so good and underrated
>>
>>73303294
Mac has a lot of dope music, actually love all his albums
>>
>>73303294
Rich White kid from the suburbs who's parents kiked their son into stardom. There's nothing special about him besides his lisp down syndrome sounding voice. There are a million of soundcloud rappers put there that sound exactly the same.
>>
>>73303294
Watching movies was decent and Faces was his best project yet.

Everything else is meh.
>>
I BEEN HAD HOES I PLAYED SPORTS
>>
I do like his personality and WMWTSO is great although the second half has some really shitty songs on it. Too bad, WMWTSO is the only project I have been interested to try. I listened to Faces but it was so damn long and I wasn't really paying attention. I might try that K.I.D.S mixtape though.
>>
>>73303432
Is this real?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.