[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do almost all women make synthpop nowadays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Jessi-Slaughter-2017.png (578KB, 562x875px) Image search: [Google]
Jessi-Slaughter-2017.png
578KB, 562x875px
How come almost every female artist makes some form of pop these days?
>>
>>73302764
Pop is uncomplicated and easy to digest.

Think of it as "PLEASE LIKE ME", the genre.
>>
It's perfect if you want to get popular by making music but not actually put any significant effort in the music you make
>>
pretty much the other anons said. cheap, easy, reliable.
>>
>>73303133
>>73303120
>>73303073

> t. people who have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>73303162
>t. person who will make audacious claims and not back them up
enlighten me
>>
Because everyone is making pop music today
>>
>>73303195

It's hard as fuck to make pop music that will actually work and sell and it's not all about shameless promotion and marketing. You need to create something that is simple enough, catchy enough and that will attract as much people as possible, aka more than your competitors. Sure, you can spam your experimental psychedelic funk dream popcore bandcamp but it'll probably never get any views other than your future ex and your closest friends.
>>
>>73303298
youre forgetting the fact that with enough money you can shill anything and get it to people as fast as fuck nowadays. also i really hope you dont truly believe that all these pop singers are actually putting hard work into their songs. they have atleast 20 different people writing/co-writing/producing/playing the actual instruments. it may be hard for one person to make pop music that will sell but it's easy as dick for an entire team of people to
>>
>>73303298
How is that supposed to contradict the idea that pop is shallow and easy to make? Sounds like you agree with them.
>>
File: 1494828541053.jpg (120KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1494828541053.jpg
120KB, 1200x675px
>>73302764
The question is why brainlet are into Popular music.
Popular music its easy to do and listen to. Rock, Pop, Jazz, Hip hop etc.
Only (intelligent)man are capable of make real music: Cult music.
>>
>>73303339
>>73303343

I'm fully aware that it's not the pop artists doing the hard work when it comes to production. And that's not something that's necessarily bad. Hans Zimmer does the same shit. He shits out a cool motif or a theme and has tons of people work out shit out of it. He couldn't even decently play his own stuff on his masterclass. But it doesn't matter because he has the feeling and knowledge about how to make something that will sell. You can't shill just about anything. It has to have a solid base to fall back to because it's a competition and everyone has money.
On the other hand calling out shallowness is a slippery slope. Are we talking about lack of depth in the music or the lyrics? Because the structural or harmonic complexity or the lack of them in a song doesn't necessarily determine its popularity. And countless popular works of art from the past have similar everyday topics as well but they are doubtlessly considered cultural essentials. It's one thing to make a song easy to listen but an entirely other to make the listener what to listen to it again and again.
>>
>>73303417
>Are we talking about lack of depth in the music or the lyrics?
I would say both. See the problem with making music or really any kind of art primarily for profit is the lack of risk taking. See if you are trying to bring an idea to life then your going to try to make something distinct so it can carry your unique idea with it. If money is the primary goal then these risks will not be taken and the emotional core of the music will ring hollow, because it so obviously is taking from somewhere else, somewhere proven. Then it's ceases to have any identity. The reason pop music can sell is that a lot of people are not listening to music to hear something new or challenging they want a simple emotion they can project themselves into. And for anybody who actually cares about the craft they will find it lacking. Now not all pop music is like this, and those are the songs and artists that are remembered. But for every cultural essentials their are a thousand duds. Now you can argue the same for any given genre but it shows up the clearest for pop because it's the most popular (duh) and therefore is the most profit driven.
>>
>>73302764
Cause 80s revival is in full swing.
(Shit thread btw)
>>
>>73303339
with all the songwriters and producers working on writing hits it's easy to churn out new songs. But even with a ton of shilling and marketing behind it, if a pop song doesn't have something special and doesn't connect with fans it won't be a hit.

I generally hate pop music for its formulaic nature and knowing that 99% of the time, the "artist" didn't have a hand in writing any of the music or lyrics nor make any production decisions themselves. But I can appreciate a pop melody that gets stuck in my head or makes me tap my foot and sing along.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.