[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Punk Rock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: guitar-romantic.jpg (313KB, 1022x1024px) Image search: [Google]
guitar-romantic.jpg
313KB, 1022x1024px
Anybody remember these guys? They finished just one album before one of 'em fell asleep at the wheel and killed 3/4ths of it. Still, probably my favorite punk record (not counting London Calling as punk).

What do you guys prefer, the heavy, political side, or the angsty, teenage-party side of punk?
>>
angsty teen party side. i hate political punk. it's all whiny shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCeSYHm-JFk
>>
>>73300284
Are the Undertones punk or power pop? If they aren't then I think the Ramones are my favorite straight forward punk band. But I like a lot of stuff like crossover thrash. Suicidal Tendencies were my favorite punk band in high school.
>>
>>73300415
Meant to preface this by saying I prefer the teenage stuff normally because there is usually more emphasis on the music.
>>
>>73300415
pop punk pretty sure
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkayT9v8i1U

>>73300284
i'm happy to see someone else give them some love; guitar romantic is also some one my favorites.

as to the question: i'd go with the latter--i have a huge soft spot for garage/punk/power-pop, and i'm not much for slogan punk/hardcore. having said that, the new idles record might be the exception-- probably my aotysf.
>>73300358
loved those guys
>>
bumb
>>
No anon nobody remembers one of the most revered and influential rock records of the early 2000s made by the band that would be the center of one of rock music's most infamous tragedies

It's also not punk

Like, not at all
>>
>>73300284
Wasn't the guitarist the only survivor? He must have extreme survivors guilt. Not to mention their album is one of the best of the early 00s, showing that they had a lot of promise.
>>
>>73301400
>pop punk isn't punk
>>
>>73301426
damn right. its only punk if they scream about anarchy and politics.
>>
>>73301426
It's not pop punk you>>73301426
dipshit
>>
>>73301443
Also I like how you are so uneducated that you think all heavy punk must be political
>>
>>73301449
wew lad
>>
>>73301449
it is you mouthbreathing mongoloid
>>
>>73301400
>garage punk isn't punk
>>
>>73301490
>Big Star cover band is punk
>>
File: ramones-1979.jpg (80KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ramones-1979.jpg
80KB, 600x400px
>>73301621
>bubblegum/girl group cover bands aren't punk
you fucking autist
>>
>>73301827
ramones aren't punk
>>
>>73301854
really makes you think
>>
>>73301854
>>73301910
I don't wanna post around with you
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.