[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on this piece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: artangels.jpg (76KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
artangels.jpg
76KB, 620x620px
thoughts on this piece?
>>
her worst solo album
>>
>>73298238
A masterpiece
>>
There is a fucking general now fuck you cunt.
>>
>>73298246
actually is her best
>>
>>73298279
but Halfaxa exists
>>
>>73298300
Halfaxa is just her mumbling nonsensical shit and just playing random notes. Come on, really?
>>
>>73298300
but is not Art Angels which is her best
>>
>>73298315
thanks for admitting that you haven't listened to Halfaxa mate
>>
im going to hit grimes with a hammer
>>
>>73298332
but Art Angels cannot be the best if Halfaxa (a better album by her) exists. Art Angels is boring as shit.
>>
>>73298315
lmao
>>
>>73298334
It's just pseudo avant-garde lo-fi shit dude, come on really?
>>
>>73298238
her best and by far
>>
some of the songs on it are very good but the rest are shit

halfaxa is good but AA is probably better due to the good songs on it
>>
>>73298374
it's none of those, but it (along with Geidi Primes) represents a part of her career before she made super-accessible pleb music.

>>73298377
but all the songs on Halfaxa are good
>>
>>73298407
all of the songs on halfaxa are good and the album is cohesive but really aren't that impressive compared to artists doing similar stuff as that album (AnCo etc.)

consistency can't be the only factor in an album's quality

i'd say those songs are in some ways better than AA songs but what she really needs to do is merge her old and new styles with even more intricate production imo
>>
>>73298446
Yeah, I agree. AnCo and John Maus (and Bjork, of course) really blow her out of the water to a huge degree. Although Halfaxa was surprisingly good for Grimes.
>>
Art Angels > Halfaxa > Geidi Primes > Visions

I actually prefer her more spacey ethereal stuff more overall but AA is just such a massive step up musically and in production with huge pop hooks it's too big a powerhouse compared to the others. I like 'em all though.

Her queerbase here is cancer though.
>>
>>73298470
yeah. she's a pretty new artist though so maybe with more experience she will join their ranks
>>
>>73298569
Hopefully, although her fans (you know the ones) are going to flood the board when her new album comes out.
>>
how is it that the music board for this website has such hopelessly terrible taste in music? this is vapid pop dreck disguised as """"""indie"""""""
>>
>>73298828
>disguised
what's the reason of posting your opinions if you're that ignorant?
>>
>>73298238
http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/234315-grimes-art-angels-megarate-results/
>>
>>73298344
>Art Angels is boring
>Whispering over 3 different 808 beats for an hour the album isn't

Kill yourself
>>
>>73298238
god tier
>>
interesting. refreshing.
>>
>>73298238
perfect ultimate pop music
>>
>>73298238
overdiscussed
>>
>>73299971
>implying that's what Halfaxa is
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.