[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Rainbows > OK Computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: In Rainbows.jpg (49KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
In Rainbows.jpg
49KB, 300x300px
OK Computer’s status as an alt-rock opus is frankly expendable and overshadowed by In Rainbows. The track list is impeccable and the only song that isn’t fully realized is Faust Arp, which still carries itself with its beautiful melody line, while OK Computer has filler like Fitter Happier and Climbing up the Walls. The traces of electronic music influence and sampling on In Rainbows is much more refined then the irreverent bleeps and bloops in the background of Ok Computer. Both albums attempt to close with intimate ballads, but while Videotape is a harrowing concept perfectly accompanied by its instrumentation, The Tourist is just another meandering 90s rock song about self-pity. Most importantly, the beauty of songs like Nude and Weird Fishes transcend Ok Computer entirely.
>>
Anyone that calls fitter happier filler is a dumbfuck and their opinion is automatically worthless.
>>
>>73295573
whatever you say anthony
>>
>>73295573
there is so much wrong with this post its not even funny
>>
Nice pasta
>>
>>73295755
State your argument
>>
>>73295573
timing and context is important. ok computer's status isn't overshadowed at all, whether you think it should be or not
>>
Climbing Up the Walls is filler?

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>73295844
I agree that Ok Computer had good timing and influenced a lot of different artists, but In Rainbows is timeless
>>
agreed
>>
OK Computer’s status as an alt-rock opus is frankly expendable and overshadowed by In Rainbows. The track list is impeccable and the only song that isn’t fully realized is Faust Arp, which still carries itself with its beautiful melody line, while OK Computer has filler like Fitter Happier and Climbing up the Walls. The traces of electronic music influence and sampling on In Rainbows is much more refined then the irreverent bleeps and bloops in the background of Ok Computer. Both albums attempt to close with intimate ballads, but while Videotape is a harrowing concept perfectly accompanied by its instrumentation, The Tourist is just another meandering 90s rock song about self-pity. Most importantly, the beauty of songs like Nude and Weird Fishes transcend Ok Computer entirely.
>>
>>73295790
the claim that climbing up the walls is filler and that the electronics in ok computer overall makes it worse
the idea that the tourist is "another meandering 90's rock song about self-pity" when its actually about other people
nude and weird fishes easily get overtaken by subterranean homesick alien, no surprises and lucky
the tracklisting is better on in rainbows just because electioneering is way out of place but thats all in rainbows has over okc
there are no traces of electronic music influence in in rainbows. it's all based off alt rock. seriously, im trying to imagine a song on in rainbows that has hands-off instruments. i cant do it
videotape is a good album closer but doesn't fit as well. the live versions are WAY better and make the album version sound like the worlds biggest snoozefest
as for "harrowing concept", if you think the tourist is angsty, then videotape is even worse. its the ultimate self-pity. "ive done bad things in my life and i hate myself for it waaaahhhhh"
im sure i sound like an idiot but i do not care enough to arrange my points well
>>
>>73295943
>nude and weird fishes easily get overtaken by subterranean homesick alien, no surprises and lucky

All great songs but I disagree.

>there are no traces of electronic music influence in in rainbows
>videotape is a good album closer but doesn't fit as well. the live versions are WAY better and make the album version sound like the worlds biggest snoozefest

The electronic instruments and influence are there. I think Videotape does fit well, especially coming after Jigsaw Falling into Place. Haven't heard the live version but I'm interested.

>as for "harrowing concept", if you think the tourist is angsty, then videotape is even worse. its the ultimate self-pity. "ive done bad things in my life and i hate myself for it waaaahhhhh"

I think the opening line sets the concept up well, "When I'm at the pearly gates / This'll be on my videotape", yes it is about doing bad things but it's also about the paranoid confusion about salvation, like God is watching you through a surveillance videotape. Maybe I'm off on that one.
>>
>>73296075
im going to listen to in rainbows again
its been a while honestly and theres a chance im just remembering it wrong
>>
In Rainbows is a lot more tight and focused, but OK Computer is a lot more influential and well known

I prefer the former, but I understand the arguments for either album being better
>>
>>73295573
Whenever I see posts like this, I feel like I'm going crazy. How on earth anyone could prefer in rainbows? There are 3 great tracks in the whole album, whereas OKC has 7 great tracks, 4 of which are top 10 Radiohead (paranoid, let down, airbag, exit music). Songs like weird fishes, body snatchers, and Faust arp are shitty Beatles sounding songs that do nothing interesting. Videotape, 15 step and jogsaw are the only redeeming qualities. Then there's the house of cards Coldplay lite, and the other one that overstays its welcome, reckoned, whose only point of interest is a intriguing drum section. These songs are so barren, except the 3 I mentioned
>>
>>73295573
>Faust Arp
My genuine favourite of the album.
Otherwise, I agree.
>>
File: 1483897553273.jpg (70KB, 720x552px) Image search: [Google]
1483897553273.jpg
70KB, 720x552px
>>73295943
>there are no traces of electronic music influence in rainbows
Yeah, it's not like a drum machine is literally the first thing you hear on the album.
>videotape
>angsty
>im sure i sound like an idiot
Well at least you're self aware.
>>
>>73295573
>irreverent bleeps and bloops

Irreverent? Those are the little details that made it good
>>
>>73296201
>I prefer the former, but I understand the arguments for either album being better

wow thanks for telling us how great you are
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.