[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help memorizing all the major and minor keys. Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Yamaha C7X (3).jpg (116KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yamaha C7X (3).jpg
116KB, 640x480px
I need help memorizing all the major and minor keys. Is there some sort of method or shortcut? Or will I just have to brute force it into my head over time?
>>
circle of fifths
>>
>>73293517
>memorize major and minor keys
what about them? like playing them on piano or what notes are in all of them? just natural minor or all three? elaborate.
>>
Learn all the major keys and think of the minor keys as the same as the major ones but with the 3rd, 6th and 7th grades lowered a semitone, which corresponds to the natural minor key. For the harmonic minor only lower 3rd and 6th, and for the melodic minor only lower the 3rd.
>>
>>73294657
What notes are in them. I can go "whole step, okay another whole step, now half. whole, whole" etc to figure them out and play them. but I want to just memorize them so I don't have to do that.
>>
>>73294749
yeah you just have to practice then.
>>
>>73294749
Just play them a lot over and over. It won't be long before they feel pretty natural and you don't have to think about it.
>>
>>73294749
learn the key signatures and you don't have to think about "whole whole half whole..."
>>
File: Untitled.png (433KB, 628x756px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
433KB, 628x756px
>>73293517
why waste effort with an inherently inefficient notation system?
>>
>>73295684
modern "musician" here folk. pathetic tbqh
>>
File: cool.png (144KB, 303x300px) Image search: [Google]
cool.png
144KB, 303x300px
>>73295950
>learning degenerate music theory
>>
>>73295070
>>73295056
>>73294837
thank you. Good tips. What also helped was learning about relative majors and minors. Watched a video on youtube. once learning the f major and d minor were the same notes, I was blown away. then blown away again when it was revealed that all keys have relatives. it's now like I only have to learn 12 keys instead of 24.
>>
>>73293700
underrated advice
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.