[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rage-Worthy Technical Tutorials Et Cetera...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Original-VS-remastered.jpg (177KB, 1100x431px) Image search: [Google]
Original-VS-remastered.jpg
177KB, 1100x431px
https://www.lynda.com/Pro-Tools-tutorials/Bones-Howe-1176-setting/474059/586375-4.html

You rage you lose.

But hey, everything's in your face, where it should be. Why have some notes louder than others? It might make the listener be able to distinguish one note from another better, and notice the baseline sucks, and the bass guitar has really low action.
>>
It's fucking Lynda.com what do you expect?
>>
>>73289380
Sure it is, it's just that it's common practice and 'knowledge' within the community, more than the source itself... This is probably ( don't know for sure) what they teach students at Full Sail in Florida... Ever read the CDDA Red book audio standard or any of the other rainbow books? CD digital audio allows for such a greater dynamic range, and it's only major disadvantage versus analogue media would be pulse code modulation because frequencies and variables , all the audio data basically has to be approximated into fairly less granular decimal values... but yea, my point was just that the loudness range of CDDA hasn't been taken advantage of. Mostly, anyway.
>>
>>73289444
You need to go back to the early days of CD releases, up through the mid-90s, to find mixes that truly took advantage of the extended dynamic range.

Excellent example of this in practice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exk2zca6Wbc

I mean, you can physically feel the differences in volume, even after being passed through the shitty Youtube audio algorithm. How often do you get that these days?

I remember there being a campaign among mastering engineers about a decade ago to have stickers with "Wide Dynamic Range - Turn Me Up!" added to albums that WEREN'T brick-mastered. That's an idea that needs revisiting.
>>
Mastering engineers are the problem; they used to do all sorts of useful and highly technical things but now all they do is take a great-sounding production master and compress all the life out of it for pleb mass-consumption

>>73289444
Really, it would be better to keep things in analog until the final stages
>>
>>73289444
>what they teach students at Full Sail
They teach you that heavy-handed compression is the work of Satan and that Rick Rubin is his greatest acolyte
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.