[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Recommendations for Neo-psychedelia, IDM, Dream pop, glitch,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1497073457312.jpg (910KB, 4685x2176px) Image search: [Google]
1497073457312.jpg
910KB, 4685x2176px
ITT: Recommendations for Neo-psychedelia, IDM, Dream pop, glitch, instrumental hip-hop, alternative hip-hop, ambient pop, art pop, new wave, all sorts of art-punk and its subenres, and shoegaze type of stuff.

So essentially I am looking for more like these guys:

Stereoplab
World's End Girlfriend
Teebs
Drive Like Jehu
Fugazi
Sweet Trip
Deerhunter
Tame Impala
Pond
Tokimonsta
David Bowie
J.Dilla
DJ Shadow
Kashiwa Daisuke
King Gizzard
Slowdive
Talking Heads
Squarepusher
King Crimson
Yes
Neu!
Radiohead
Bad Brains

Also permitting from other genres like breakbeat, jungle/drum and bass, dub, funk, post-rock, alt rock, progressive rock, krautrock, etc.

Sorry if my tastes seem disjointed and conflicting. I basically just anything that sort of sounds like these bands and genres. Interesting use of sound and textures, insane song structures and time signatures, mostly melodic sounding, fun music that you should listen with head phones on and immerse yourself into the music.
>>
Edit is sick too.
>>
>>73289329
Oh and I recently discovered Broadcast. Another perfect example of what I'm looking for.
>>
>>73289359
Fuck there are too many artists I just start remembering about after I post.

Also Burial, Cults, and The Depreciation Guild (to some extent).
>>
Also gonna add Death Grips and (some of) Cocteau Twins's stuff to the list. But I think that's all.
>>
so you want somebody to do legwork for you
>>
>>73289605
I don't know, It tried to be as specific as possible. All anyone would have to do who is a music lover would be to look through that list and think "well those couple of bands sound alike and he hasn't listed them, why don't you try these albums?"

Hopefully.
>>
shpongle

>inb4 that one guy that gets butthurt about shpongle being explicit about their drug references
>>
File: tmp_27048-Artpop-1325111723.jpg (1MB, 1016x1413px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27048-Artpop-1325111723.jpg
1MB, 1016x1413px
>>73289290
For Art pop this chart is preatty good.
>>
>>73289685
This is interesting for sure. Have any album in particular to rec? They all seem interesting.

>>73289735

Damn, I Love a bunch of artists from that list as well, like The Flaming Lips, Bjork, St. Vincent, Cibo matto, Kate Bush, Brian Eno, The Beach Boys, The Velvet Underground, Panda Bear/Animal Collective, and Janelle Monae. This list looks tight! Thanks!
>>
>please give me recommendations for every kind of music
>>
>>73289834
personally i like albums 2 3 and 4 the best. a lot of people like album 1 the best and i like it too, but it's a lot more ambient/less lively so it might not be what you're looking for. album 5 has its moments but has a darker, trancier vibe and imo isn't as strong overall.
>>
>>73289862
But it mostly falls under the "art pop" label. I should have clarified that.

Also Lil Ugly Mane and De La Soul fit the bill!
>>
>>73290020
FUCK. Add MF Doom, Madvillain, and Del tha Funkee Homosapien to that shit. And also the Gorillaz I guess, as well as Justice and Daft Punk.
>>
File: a3170045896_10.jpg (656KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3170045896_10.jpg
656KB, 1200x1200px
>>
OP you should try anal sex in the receptive role
I have a feeling you'd like it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.