[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these guys the new Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
Is this the future of hip hop?

Are they the new Odd Future?

Is Kevin Abstract the new Tyler, The Creator except black and gay?

Is he a combination of Tyler and Frank Ocean?

Are they all just industry plants?

Thoughts on this new collective?

Thoughts on SATURATION?
>>
im listening to this rn and its cool but honestly nothing all that special. some of the tracks really stand out but other than that it's pretty underwhelming
>>
>>73287108
I'll be mad if this overtakes Packs on the RYM charts (which it probably will), but it is an inconsistently good record. A lot of the lyrics are 5/10 and Heat seems like an anomaly.
>>
>Is this the future of hip hop?
No. They sound great.

>Are they the new Odd Future?
Yes.

>Is Kevin Abstract the new Tyler, The Creator except black and gay?
Plus he's better.

>Is he a combination of Tyler and Frank Ocean?
I'll allow it.

>Are they all just industry plants?
Doubt it.

>Thoughts on this new collective?
The shit.

>Thoughts on SATURATION?
Also the shit. 8/10
>>
File: file.png (203KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
203KB, 300x300px
>>73287108
>>73287134
>>73287140
>>73287149
Is it better than Goblin?
>>
it would have been a fantastic EP
>>
These guys have no genuine angle. Just superficial gimmicks while spitting the same old shit that hundreds of other people are doing on soundcloud at this moment, so yeah, they're like OF I guess.
>>
>>73287173
A lot more highlights for me than Goblin. But also, I never really liked Goblin, so take my statement with a pound of salt.
>>
>>73287108
their rollout was immaculate. EVERY single was a great track and most of the other tracks were good too.

as they mature, refine their style and play their cards right i think they will far surpass OF
>>
>>73287173
yeah probably. although i have a special place in my heart for goblin and shit because i listened to it through high school so its hard for me to make that judgement.
>>
>>73287234
>although i have a special place in my heart for goblin and shit because i listened to it through high school
same ;_;

good times, i miss em
>>
>>73287234
>>73287251
>released in 2011
>still in highschool
bunch of snotnoses wouldnt know good music if collided with you on the highway going 75mph
>>
>>73287289
2011 was six years ago bud
>>
i think they have a huge amount of potential. the album's not perfect but if they keep improving (like they have been) they'll be great.

fav songs are gold, star, heat, and the song at the end of the star video.
>>
i dont like the overuse of autotune on this tho
>>
God shut the fuck up. I'm about to sound like a huge faggot right now but I don't care, even though I wanted these guys to get popular because they deserve it, but I already know people are going to get annoying as fuck with them on here.
>>
lol everyone's favourite songs are the singles. most of the album blends into a pretty boring //banger// compilation.
>>
>these guys making derivative bangers are getting huge
>meanwhile DJ Lucas & The Dark World are still being slept on
>>
>>73287289
That was 6 years ago, idiot, I was 18 back then anyway.

Besides, I stopped liking Odd Future anyway after their incident with Steve Albino and them "niggering everything in sight".
>>
>>73287352
I'll admit the singles are great, but the rest of the album is passable with lyrics that go from funny to cringe in a matter of seconds.
>>
>>73287366
>>meanwhile DJ Lucas & The Dark World are still being slept on
What's this I'm willing to check it out?

Any tapes out?

The biggest crime is everyone sleeping on Black Kray while those talentless hacks like Lil Peep and Lil Tracy are blowing up.
>>
They'll never be like Odd Future.

The novelty factor is gone and these guys bring nothing new to the table.

I just don't see newer generations (kids that are 14-19 today) listening to these guys and growing up with them.
>>
>>73287391
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAT7RKDc59A
Pretty much everything is for free on bandcamp just google that shit. Dark World is the record group.
>>
>>73287352
Fake Bump and Milk are good too though
>>
>>73287427
Depends. Considering Fantano's fanbase of 14-19 year olds if he keeps sucking them off they'll definitely get that age range to check them out.
>>
>>73287437
Is this ironic like Lil B or what?
>>
>>73287494
Lil B is NOT meme rap.
>>
liking this alot just wished i hadnt listened to the singles so much. Also it feels much shorter than 50 minutes because of the diversity of sound which is always nice
>>
>>73287149
WAKE UP LIKE "SHIT"

THEN I FEEL LIKE A SHIT

SO I GUESS IM THE SHIT

YEA I GUESS IM THE SHIT
>>
WHEN THIS EEEENDS
ATLEAST I HAVE A REASON TO LIIIIIVE.
>>
>>73288366
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I BEEN TRAPPIN OUT MY MOMMA HOUSE
>>
>>73287450
Milk hook is corny AS FUCK, sounds like some pbs motivational bs
>>
>>73289136
milks hook is corny as fuck but they make it work enough for me to tolerate it. also the rest of the song is dope so it evens out
>>
GOLD is the only good song :(
>>
>>73289890
STAR exists
>>
>>73287108
aotysf, tho I highly doubt they're industry plants, considering they all met on ktt and moved to cali together, and have close to no features, it's actually pretty cool since one of the guys (bearface, wasn't on SATURATION but will be on 2) is from my city of Belfast, probably one of the most irrelevant cities in europe, especially musically
>>
>>73287383
I don't think anything in here was cringe tb h
>>
>>73290460
>aotysf
Damn.

viral marketing game strong asf
>>
their whole hype is thanks to r/hiphopheads and i think its wayyyyyy overblown. Couple good tracks. But mostly reliant on a borrowed frank ocean aesthetic and the fact that theyre gay and suck eachothers dicks
>>
>>73290711
I.thought only one was gay lol and yeah I thought the closing track sounded frank-ish
>>
>>73292051
>>73290711
yeah lol only Kevins gay (bi i think)
>>
>>73287108

Nah, rap boybands is a dead fad.
>>
>>73292122
surely Merlyn is bi too
>>
Nah that's Dead Obies.
>>
Man these guys are dope af sometimes. I just hate how it'll be like some fire rap verse then some soft singing that just doesn't mesh well to me. I know a lot of people like that on here but idk

Post some of their songs where it's just straight rapping. I really fuck with Heat for the most part

Ameer Vann seems like the best rapper in the group but his solo stuff I've heard isn't too memorable
>>
Them, Injury Reserve, and Divine Council all give off serious OF vibes but updated for today's sound

Injury Reserve's sound is a little more influenced by Death Grips tho
>>
>>73287173
10x better than goblin. I can actually listen to it as someone in his twenties
>>
>>73287366
yo fuck dark world and specifically dj lucas that bitch can suck a prolapse
>>
Members Only is the new OFWGKTA

I don't know what I could compare BROCKHAMPTON
>>
>>73293069
Divine council are the only good ones though
>>
Fuck man, I love the first 3 tracks, CASH, MILK and FACE. The rest is plenty enjoyable too. The only track which just doesn't work for me is BUMP. I understand what they are going for but it just doesn't work out in my opinion.

Pretty disappointing they overuse autotune; I like the characteristics of the voices of each member. A track like TRIP just straight up loses those distinct voices and makes it pretty boring.
>>
>>73293086
Holy shit, you can't be serious?

These dudes sound like kids and rap about your typical teenager problems. Goblin, when it came out, was a breath of fresh air, and musically is superior to BROCKHAMPTON in every way.
>>
>>73294337
What are you talking about?
Goblin is terrible. People, like you, just like it because it's different, not because it's good.
>>
Goblin aged horribly imo
>>
>>73294337
>horrorcore
>fresh of breath air
cmon dude
>>
>2017
>/mu/ still obsessing over this nigger shit

Fuck off already.
>>
>>73294938
>>/pol/
>>
I loved this album. Excited to see where these guys end up. Saturation is a 9/10 IMO.
>>
>>73289136
I actually liked MILK's hook.
>>
>>73294337
I know that's you Tyler
>>
>>73293055
Are you talking about Bump? Bruh that combo that contrasts is dope as fuck
>>
You wouldn't do that Tyler... kill yourself or anyone.
>>
>>73295827
tyler doesn't even like goblin himself
>>
remember when people said Odd Future was the next Wu-Tang?
lmao
>>
>>73287108
Pretty much all this, except the future of hip hop part, I doubt they'll barely get noticed. While Kevin Abstract is the new Tyler, Ameer Vann seems like the new Earl.
>>
not good or original or anything

people really like rap atm tho so they might pop off. although i don't see the big deal? i think shit like xxxtentacion is better than this
>>
>>73287108
don't get me wrong i love brockhampton and American Boyfriend is one of my favorite albums but they don't bring a lot of new stuff to the table
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syoI5pwIpNg

Divine Council way better than these OF copycats, plus they've got an Andre 3000 feature.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.