[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else think these are a disgrace to music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: H63578000001000-00-500x500.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
H63578000001000-00-500x500.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
Anyone else think these are a disgrace to music?
>>
File: 1486545609115.jpg (1MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1486545609115.jpg
1MB, 1400x1400px
Only album to ever use them properly
>>
>>73279170
not at all. works well for hawaiian music, or at least as a cheap way to get the aesthetic. the use of it in early 2010s by untalented youtube musicians for it's quirkiness just made it annoying for a while.
>>
>>73279170
guitars are literally used in almost every modern genre you retard, how are they a disgrace to music?
>>
>>73280197
Didn't you hear? guitar bands are dead. Just ask the Beatles.
>>
>>73280197
It's a ukelele
>>
it has nothing to do with the instrument. it's what you do with the instrument. if you use a shitty ibanez from 1993 to make avant garde minimalism thrash metal, and it sounds good, who gives a shit?
>>
>>73279170
Fuck NO!
Ukeleles ROCK!

>http://sparkletears.bandcamp.com

If you don't like ukeleles after visiting this site and listening to the music posted you've got some serious problems!

Also google The pUKES out of England!

Classic punk rock played on nothing but ukeleles!

This shit ROCKS!
>>
If you want to play death metal with Ukulele, it is going to sound awesome
>>
>>73279170
For (You): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uym5k
>>
>>73279170
Not necessarily. It's a great gateway to get children into musicianship, graduate them to other instruments once they're older and have a better theoretical understanding. But if you're one of those dickheads that walked around the hallways back in high school playing the same few chords thinking they were special for doing so, then you're the disgrace, not the instrument. There it is, anger's coming back. (1, 2, 3...)
>>
File: Carnival Uke.jpg (174KB, 312x806px) Image search: [Google]
Carnival Uke.jpg
174KB, 312x806px
Found a little plastic Uke at an antique mall a couple years ago. It's surprisingly versatile. Great use of $10.
>>
>>73280982
>no tonewoods™
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
What tunings are these things in, and can they be tuned open? I might invest in one as a mini guitar for the folk stuff I play.
>>
>>73282596
Ukulele's are tuned in a weird way, G4–C4–E4–A4, the G is tuned an octave higher than what one would expect, contributes to its sound a ton.

I haven't personally heard of any other tunings but I'm sure they exist, do some digging and you'll for sure find some stuff.
>>
>>73279170

Definitely not. It's all about what you do with them, you shouldn't let tumblr middleschoolers cloud your view of an instrument with a ton of potential.

>>73279197

Ukulele songs - Eddie Vedder
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.