[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frankly, in 2015, when i joined, this board was a little better,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: 1465829816584.jpg (120KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
1465829816584.jpg
120KB, 716x768px
Frankly, in 2015, when i joined, this board was a little better, what's happening?
>>
Just imagine thinking that 2015 was good /mu/, how fucking sad that you will never know 2009 summer of ITAOTS /mu/.
>>
what's wrong anon
>>
i fell in love
>>
2015 was fucking shit of a year, i hope you're joking. In my opinion 2012-13 was even worse in some aspects compared 2014-17
>>
>>73275709
i remember less fucking threads about grimes
>>
people keep talking about less and less artists/styles as the time goes by...
>>
>>73275709
>eight years
>eight
>years
>>
>>73275782
hey i see connection there
>>
>>73275795
Fuckin this
>>
>>73275782
This quite frankly.
I cant understand what does she have that anons dont stop posting about her, really, doesnt the topic get stale?
>>
>>73275919
as long as they keep their stuff contained in their general im ok, after all its music
>>
File: 1275104673460.jpg (30KB, 467x600px) Image search: [Google]
1275104673460.jpg
30KB, 467x600px
>>73275709
2009/2010 /mu/ were the glory days, the constant shitshow of ITAOTS, MBDTF getting a 10, and SYLVIAAAAAA were great. I miss those days.
>>
It's exactly the same as it ever was
>>
If K-Pop and Grimes bother you that much just hide the thread or filter the shit.

Fucking babies.

>>73276012
>I miss those days.
Was pretty fun, wasn't it?
>>
>>73275780
The amount of MBDTF posting was ludicrous then, and when Yeezus leaked, this board was a fucking mess. More shitposting than DAMN. for a while. But overall I've always liked this board and I think a lot of people forget that there's a hide button
>>
>>73276038
Fuck Witchfinder you still exist?! How's Cassandra Gemini?

What happened to this board man? What happened?
>>
>>73276038
k-pop isn't using us to sell records
>>
>>73276012
Used to think I had friends on /mu/ then.
>>
A lot of it was thanks to Fantano, not even being ironic.
>>
File: Thom Yorke Gojira.gif (113KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Thom Yorke Gojira.gif
113KB, 300x300px
>>73276092
It totally was a community back then, sharethreads and genre threads had tons of repeat posters.

Even the shitposting tripfags were great, CLT, Lewis and the like.
>>
>>73276081
>How's Cassandra
She's good. Things are good.

>What happened?
4chan gained popularity due to Kanye leaks, Fantano, the AWK and Deadmouse Q&As, etc...

I know it sounds ridiculous to some, but this board used to be like a nice quiet little corner of the internet. Where you could discuss music with like-minded devotees who were into the same things you were. It had a tight sense of community.
>>
>2015 /mu/
>good
if anything it's better now when it comes to shitposting since there's less of it

certainly less entertaining though
>>
>>73276134
>tfw used to take pride in my mediafire account
And sharethreads weren't just mass dumps, some people just wanted others to listen to an album they liked.
>>
>>73276224
>there's less of it
what are you talking about? there's more now. and the mods deleted the actual funny stuff like mark posting and CRUSH stuff. but furry threads get left up for an hour and off topic shit reaches bump limit
>>
>>73276257
There was a much bigger group of shitposters and trolls who fucked around with the board back then tho.

Aaron, xus, Unofficial Helper, unty (was he 2015 or 2016?) and a whole other load of people were part of boardwide shitposting

heck even I was a shitposter under various names until I got bored of the stuff and stopped

keep in mind that TPAB was also released that year and boy did that rustle some people

maybe I'm just more ignorant of board culture know tho

still, all I see is people doing the same shitposts every day as opposed to 2015's shitposting which was not that interesting compared to the people who shitposted before it (Hampus, Lazare, The Tourist, Weebteam, etc.) but much more interesting than what I see now

I guess 2015 was really the year where I paid a great deal of attention to the board culture of the time since I was sort of a part of it in an immature and stupid way
>>
4chan in general just complains about sjw's cucks, pc culture, and libtards at this point.

/mu/ doesnt even know about all the newest best shit out anymore.
>>
File: Thom Yorke Dancing 2.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
Thom Yorke Dancing 2.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>73276199
Good about Cassandra. Hope you're well too dude!

I think the MBDTF -> Yeezus saga blew /mu/ up from a board like /lit/ to one like /v/. Started bringing more people to /mu/ and the board shifted to a more hip-hop/memerap/mumblerap focus ever since. Not that there is a problem with Hip-Hop but the lack of diversity in threads may have made some of the old /mu/tants stop visiting.

Back in 09/10 I felt /mu/ was mainly 1 big community, Black Metal posters, Freak Folk posters and Alice Glass Waifufags discussing in the same threads. Now it seems like a club house with little groups huddled in each corner hissing at each other whenever they see another's thread.

Almost forgot how the board was when The King of Limbs released too. So many memories.
>>
>>73276199
/mu/ has steadily been losing posters since 2013. so hopefully that means it won't be long before we're going to have our secret club back.
>>
It was shit then too
>>
Came here in 2012 and it still sucked
The more things change the more they stay the same
>>
>>73276038
>Was pretty fun, wasn't it?
It was despite everything
>>
>>73275795
Correct, this also includes shitty meta posts like OP's.
>>
literally you being here made it worse. dumb fuck
>>
I wasn't here when what.cd closed, were there a lot of threads about it?
>>
These kind of nostalgia threads about of /mu/ have always existed since I began lurking this board, but i muat admit that i see less movement in here (I was away for a year).
>>
>>73276387
Goddamit I miss those Alice Glass' threads. These new waifus have no substance.
>>
>>73276640
I wonder what nostalgia for 2017 will be like. I don't think anything too noteworthy has happened yet but I still don't pay too much attention to current board culture so idk. Fuck, I don't even know what to reminisce about for 2016.

>"Remember those musician deaths that felt really bad"

that's all I can think of right now desu
>>
File: bubbleon1.jpg (44KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
bubbleon1.jpg
44KB, 540x395px
>>73275682
>Frankly, in 1987, when i joined, this board was a little better, what's happening?
>>
>>73276012
What's Sylviaaaa?
I think I might have an idea.
>>
>>73275782
I remember that a month ago desu...
>>
>>73276720
Hospice
>tfw still haven't listened to it because of all the hate it got when I first came here
>>
>>73276720
SYYYYLLLLLLLVIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE OVEN
>>
>>73276682
Just like everything else with /mu/ nowadays, the nostalgia will probably be limited to generals.

e.g. the RYM threads will reminisce on the time that some boyish looking girl with down syndrome gave Abbey Road a 0.5.
>>
>>73276748
Fair enough. Not gonna lie, generals are why I've been mostly ignorant to the current board culture. Is there really anything new going on right now that's different from the same shitposting we've had for years?
>>
it was exciting because music was more exciting.

multiple new sounds all came out in a short span of years from like 07-2012.

ever since then its kinda just been more of the same.
>>
>>73275840
waifuism never gets old to fags
>>
>>73276776
Not really. Just more of the same shit.
>>
>>73276819
>it was exciting because music was more exciting to you
fixed

at least, for me

music isn't nearly as exciting as it was when I first came to /mu/ desu

I remember those days when almost everything I listened to was a favorite or at least a potential favorite of mine

even when my current favorite album of all time first clicked with me it wasn't the same as listening to In the Aeroplane Over the Sea when it clicked or Remain in Light

fuck, I miss when I thought music was more exciting desu

but eh nothing I can really do about it
>>73276834
welp
>>
>>73276894
Oh, man.

Music was so exciting back then. I remember going through all of the top RYM albums and absolutely loving them. Even some shitty indie bands that I was finding were super exciting and fun to discover.

Now I'm jaded as fuck and hate everything.
>>
>>73277217
This is the /mu/ effect. And now you'll never leave.
>>
Same thing happening with the rest of the site. Underaged ironic shitposting. Now try having been here for many more years before this garbage.
>>
>>73278330
Oh, and lets not forget fucking politics, killing discussion on literally every board.
>>
>>73276731
Dont bother tripfag
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.