[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Goths.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Goths.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
It's shit.
>>
>>73275583
where do i start with their discography?
>>
No shit Sherlock, it's like three main people shilling it . Should have known better than to listen to a "folk " album
>>
You can tell it's hipster shite just by the cover
>>
>>73275583
I like them but gosh this album cover is awful, and the album name doesn't make want to listen to it as well.
>>
>>73275732
The track names are tacky as fuck too
>>
>>73275690

They kind of have three eras

>1. lo-fi Darnielle on guitar
>2. hi-fi Darnielle on guitar, Hughes on bass + revolving studio musicians
>3. hi-fi Darnielle on guitar or piano, Hughes on bass, Wurster on drums in solidified BAND lineup

Start with All Hail West Texas
>>
>>73275583
Your opinion is objectively trash
>>
File: NOT COSMIC.png (37KB, 201x186px) Image search: [Google]
NOT COSMIC.png
37KB, 201x186px
>the only great song that actually sounds like Mountain Goats has a cringe inducing fuck up halfway through
>>
Where do I go if I thought Tallahassee was the best? I like All Hail West Texas and Beat the Champ too
>>
Eh, it's alright.
>>
>>73276278
>Tallahassee was the best

Sunset Tree and We Shall All Be Healed
>>
>>73276363
Sunset Tree I can take or leave other than I few songs, but I'll check out WSABH
>>
>>73276204
>John isn't recording his songs on a 4 track potato anymore, I'm so mad

Fuck off. Beat the Champ didn't "sound like a Mountain Goats" record either and /mu/ liked it. John's discography is massive at this point, we don't need another lo-fi guitar album when he already has enough of them
>>
>>73276415

I wasn't complaining because it's not 4 track, he hasn't done that in a decade. I'm complaining because it's shit.

Beat the Champ absolutely "sounds like a Mountain Goats record." All of his albums do but Goths. Goths sounds like sterile gutless mom music. This is his worst album since Life of the World to Come and I'm pretty sure it's worse than that.
>>
>>73275583
that first track is fantastic, the rest is meh
>>
https://youtu.be/anS6bcPpvoQ?t=171

Why would you leave this in the song?
>>
This was so disappointing, not even close to the sort of lyrics I would expect, and the songs were just far too long consistently.
>>
>>73276553
You're gonna' have to give the exact time, numbnuts.
Aint nobody gonna' listen to that whole thing.
>>
>>73276660

I linked to the exact time you filthy mobile user.

It's when the backing choir is grossly off key at 2:54.
>>
Ok, people listened to post-punk in California too. Is that it? Why do none of the songs have a point?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.