[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the amount of credits for DAMN. alter how you percieve Kendrick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (61KB, 1705x587px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
61KB, 1705x587px
Not trying to troll, legitimately asking, as someone who hasn't even listened to the album.

I'm sure you already knew that he has plenty of other people writing/producing his stuff; I'm just curious how you feel about it.
I know basically every big hip-hop artist like him has plenty of other people credited, but does it make you see him as any less of a great rapper/artist knowing that?
It obviously doesn't make the music itself any worse, but what about your perception of Kendrick?
>>
>>73271071
i used to stan him pretty hard, told everybody how he was the new Tupac etc etc, and perceived that this Tupac thing, his dreams and whatever, are a big reason why I liked him so much.

But.. what if he was lying? What if the whole storytelling in "Duckworth" is a lie?
>>
>>73271071
I don't think an artist has to solely pen their work to be great. People underestimate the time put towards quality songwriting, so if someone needs help towards crafting a perfect song, I'll allow it.

That's so long as the artist contributes a great deal. Relying on ghostwriters to generate music is pathetic. But if you consult producers and collaborators to tweak your work to be the best it can be, what's the big deal? The end result is a better track.

That's just my broad view though to apply to every genre. Shout out to Frank Ocean and Sia. They're good dogs.
>>
It's very common for solo artists to collaborate however this is just pathetic
>>
>>73271071
I do not give a flying fuck about how many people are on an album.

I care about the end product.

One person could make a shit album and vice versa.
A hundred people could make a great album and vice versa.
>>
>>73271071
not sure what your issue is with the credits t b h. I don't think that people really expect somebody like kendrick to be making all of their own beats and music
>>
>>73271552
I specifically said that it doesn't change the quality of the album, I'm just talking about how you perceive Kendrick as an artist. I just asked because many people consider him one of the best of all time in his genre, so I was curious whether that's diminished by knowing about all the writing credits.
>>
>>73271071
A good portion of those are probably samples, most samples were credited as writer on TPAB and GKMC. It also credits the producers (and the owner of his record label) as writers.
>>
>>73271770
kendrick is for sure a GOAT rapper but i im not sure if you understand how credits work? just because they're credited as writers doesn't mean that they literally wrote lyrics, they just helped make the music and were given a credit. I highly doubt all the members of BadBadNotGood contributed at all to the lyrics of Lust. Go compare the real names of the producers that are listed to he names listed under the writers. Also sometimes when they get a sample cleared one of the requirements from the artist they're sampling is that they get a credit.
>>
>based Anna Wise and future GOAT Lacy on the best track
as expected
>>
>>73271071
thinking that working with a lot of people makes an artist lesser in any way is a meme started by dadrockers

also musicians who are sampled get writing credits
>>
>>73271129
>what if he was lying?
>What if the whole storytelling in "Duckworth" is a lie?
Are you fucking serious? You're really serious, aren't you? You actually believe rap lyrics? Mate, its all a lie. Only 15 year old white kids who have literally never left their neighborhood believe rap lyrics.
>>
Doesn't matter; niggers get a bigger handicap than white women who do the same because it is implicitly assumed they are retarded by racist music critics
>>
Most major records are like that because everyone who gives input gets a credit. If you're rapping and your homeboy is in the studio hanging out and he says "hey what if you switch the order of those lines" he gets a credit. The guy who comes up with the bass line gets a writing credit. The singer who slightly rewrites the melody to fit her voice gets a credit. He's the primary writer on every song because he's the one who came up with the concept and the structure and the majority of the lyrics, but collaboration is an inherent part of this whole thing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.