[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wolves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: wolves.jpg (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
wolves.jpg
1MB, 3000x3000px
>Ctrl+F
>"Rise Against"
>No Wolves thread

So our guys dropped this new album, I already listened to it twice
Post your opinions here

I think it's a good album, high quality as expected from RA, but I'm not really excited by the style they adopted since Endgame, I prefer the style they had with Siren Song Of The Counter Culture and The Sufferer And The Witness
7/10 for me
>>
Ti Amo only got a 69 on Metacritic
>>
>>73264298
Who fucking cares, this is not a Phoenix thread
>>
File: 1443134372004.png (187KB, 400x750px)
1443134372004.png
187KB, 400x750px
Pre-ordered the Deluxe edition, the store didn't get it for the Day One. Now listening to it via Spotify because no other choice [spoiler]outside downloading leakes[/spoiler].

I'm glad to see that the album isn't preaching like I originally feared, and it kind of manages to keep the neutral ground while driving the point in. The starting half is definitely the stronger one, but it's not bad. It's just kind of a shame to see how the bite of this album seems to be lower than almost any of the earlier albums, and this is coming from a guy who actually likes all the stuff after Appeal to Reason, too.

But I have to say, things got immediately better after spinning it through a second time. It's worth a try if it doesn't click with you the first time around.
>>
>>73264284
>Siren Song Of The Counter Culture
Revolutions Per Minute is still pretty fun but that album is fucking awful, aged horribly. The rest of their shit is mediocre
>>
Sufferer & the Witness is okay but boy do I not want to listen to another Rise Against album in the current year.

this stuff belongs in the early/mid-00s
>>
I remember these dudes, listened to them a lot in high school and learned Saviour on guitar. I might have to go back and give them a listen since the nostalgia's kicking in.
>>
>>73265055
I definitely recommend it. I got back into them again after years when I discovered Black Market from a discount bin, and after a few weeks I proceeded to buy all the rest of the stuff I missed during the years. They really have an impressive lineup of albums mostly consistent with the overall quality, something you can't easily say about many bands.
>>
>>73265065
This. Really, if you want something harder than Punk but softer than Hardcore or Metal, with Alternative influences, go for Rise Against
>>
>>73265082
Thrice were contemporaries and waaay more interesting and neither come close to Bad Religion.
>>
>>73265114
Bad Religion did have some excellent albums, personal favorites being The Empire Strikes first and Against the Grain.
>>
>>73265187
Suffer and No Control are good if you haven't heard, those two albums are basically the formula this sound is based on.
>>
>>73265228
Yeah, I wouldn't say BR have any bad albums but AtG and Empire are the only ones that really call me back. Might go back through them as well. Add Dead Kennedys and Agent Orange and I'm reliving my early high school punk phase. That was before I knew it was the original meme marketing music.
>>
>>73264284
this is teenager shit
>>
If you haven't yet, I definitely recommend listening to the two bonus tracks. Those ones are some great stuff.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.