[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soundtracks for the Blind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Soundtracks for the Blind.jpg (238KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Soundtracks for the Blind.jpg
238KB, 1000x1000px
What's the best spoken word sample on this album? Is it really the best of pre-revival Swans, if not all Swans?
>>
2nd best Swans, definitely best pre revival Swans. IWAPIYS takes the cake for best spoken word sample even though it's a meme
>>
>>73259834
everyone knows... that you are fucked up
>>
>>73259999
quads confirm
>>
Her Mouth Is Filled With Honey contains the best only because of how it's edited. I think Minus Something is the second-best, on account of just how terrifying it is
>>
>>73259834
Public Castration Is A Good Idea is best pre-revival Swans IMO. Perfectly captures the intensity, depravity, and darkness of early Swans. This is a clip from that tour in '86 that pretty much made me fall in love with Swans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRjYYUE-_c
>>
>>73260404
Here's another vid from that tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHES9YAGGkU
>>
>>73259834
Holy Money, Soundtracks For The Blind, and The Glowing Man (maybe The Seer as well) all occupy the same rank in my heart. In my opinion, they are dissimilar to a degree that renders any critical comparison pointless.
>>
>>73260404
kinda overrated imo. the music honestly isn't loud enough for it to be a satisfying rhythmic noise album, for me at least. still has fantastic tracks though
>>
>>73260718
i can get that. i think if they did a remaster of it or some sort of recreation with steve albini it would be marvelous.
>>
>>73259834
>Best spoken word sample
"...legally blind..."
>Best Swans album?
The Great Annihilator is just a little more consistently enjoyable to me, but I think Soundtracks for the Blind is their masterpiece for its unique tone (easily the darkest Swans album even if it's not nearly as loud or conventionally disturbing as their early-mid 80s material, the noises and spoken samples elevate it to a level of darkness more natural and dark than the sometimes overblown "RAPE BURN SMASH" type stuff on Cop and Greed), its sheer scope and variety, and its original status as their (literal) swansong. The absolute best and most atmospheric moments on this album blow almost everything else away.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.