[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

opinions? first listen, it's pretty great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

File: brockhampton-320x320.jpg (13KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
brockhampton-320x320.jpg
13KB, 320x320px
opinions?

first listen, it's pretty great
>>
Its aiight
>>
Saturation?
More like Maturation, amirite u guise?
>>
>>73258749
Where can I listen? I really liked the singles.
>>
>>73259098
it's on Spotify right now, not sure where else
>>
>>73259637
heres a zip in 320
http://www92.zippyshare.com/v/ePTlcVro/file.html
if you're going to listen to it at least tell us what you think of it
>>
>>73258749
the only bad songs on this album are swim and the fact that theres 3 skits
>>
>>73260130
I wasn't even bothered by the skits because of how short they were, they really just sounded like outros for the previous song
>>
>>73259637
Wtf I can't listen to it on spotify

>>73258749
How does it compare to the singles?
>>
>>73260445
>>73259637
It's not showing up for me
>>
I think injury reserve are still better at making songs and don't overuse autotune, if you ignore BANK, TRIP and SWIM its actually quite good, producers are clearly talented and have different styles. This board and /pol/ won't like CASH tho lmao. MILK is quite nice for some reason. Still think HEAT and GOLD are the best for me. probs like a 7.5 or 8/10.
>>
>>73260130
fuck dude I loved swim

>had a dream last night that she loved me back
>shit happened how it happened so the past is perfect
>>
These guys give me the same feeling Injury Reserve gave me when their last album dropped. Whoever the black dude with stache is has such a nasty flow
>>
>>73261333
Ameer Van and yeah all his verses on this are dope as hell

nice trips
>>
>>73260531
>>73260445
oh my bad, somehow it was released in the UK before US, should be up now
>>
>>73261483
Lmao the one time it comes out in Canada/UK first and im on vacation in NY, of course
>>
>>73258749
second listen, there's so many different styles played out but the whole album is still coherent, even with 17 tracks - a lot of the songs sound like HUMBLE., Days Before Rodeo, 808s, and also some Yeezus, production sounds a bit amateurish and unpolished but I think it works well with how just how much youth the whole album oozes. MILK, TRIP, FACE and BUMP all bang hard

aotysf
>>
>>73261650
anon uploaded a 320 here, have fun in nyc!!
>>73260093
>>
Merlyn's verse on MILK >>> good shit
>>
>>73261463
Ameer kills all these other dudes on almost every track
>>
It's great. Fuck Fantano though.
>>
>>73261656
>a lot of the songs sound like HUMBLE., Days Before Rodeo, 808s, and also some Yeezus
........what?
>>
>>73258749
incredible 2bh
>>
very very good
>>
>>73262183
not a mixture, just many songs sound similar, also it's weird to mention a single track as an influence but there's a couple of songs which clearly draw inspiration HUMBLE., as simple as it is
>>
Liked it a lot, GOLD is probably the best song imo
>>
BANK is good as fuck
>>
This was very underwhelming desu. So bad compared to the singles
>>
Am I missing some layer of irony or are the lyrics to MILK cringey as shit? Besides that, albums alright. The more experimental tracks are the highlights.
>>
>>73261815
every merlyn verse >>> good shit
merlyn is their best member
>>
>>73260917

Holy fuck, first listen. literally read this as he said the lyrics.

R u Nostradamus anon?
>>
It's really darn good.
>>
It's a heckin good album anon, I was way more impressed than I thought I would be. Top 5 aoty for me right now, after a few listens.
>>
>>73258749
Definitely keeping an eye out for these guys, found em through melonhead liked every single they released under Brockhampton so far.
>>73260093
Thanks anon.
>>
>>73260917
tfw merlyn used to date my sister
tfw merlyn stayed in my house
>>
i actually really like how they use autotune/vocal effects in this
>>
i also like how generally earnest, wholesome and inclusive it is while also being, you know, also actually being great all the way through
>>
production is great
the autotune is really hit or miss
ameer and matt can easily go solo
>>
>>73266813
>i also like how generally earnest, wholesome and inclusive
this. this whole album's pretty refreshing
>>
>>73266813
yeah I had the same feeling
also
>I just gave my nigga head
Rap has come a long way that people can start a verse with a line like this and not get immediately shunned
>>
>>73258749
this is so fucking TIGHT dude
>>
>>73266456
more
>>
These guys are gonna blow the fuck up. They've got that same youthful energy that early Odd Future had.
>>
>>73269007
this, so much this

>tfw i didn't catch the odd future wave before it became a meme and now i finally get my chance
>>
>>73262524
I actually agree, I noticed that when heat dropped. Not Humble specifically I guess, but that exact style of hip hop repeats pretty frequently throughout the project. Some of the singing/autotuned segments fall a lil flat but for the most part I dig it. The highs on this album are very high. Also, "Heath Ledger with the dreads, I just gave my nigga head" is a fucking hilarious line.
>>
>>73269007
These guys are Odd Future if they weren't hacks with garbage production and shock value
>>
File: xo6rxef9zrtrgvxlrkav.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
xo6rxef9zrtrgvxlrkav.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
>>73266456
he looks like the lovechild of x and danny brown
>>
aotysf
>>
oh man, i really liked all american trash but didn't listen to any of the singles in the run up to this. 1 song in and this is fucking great so far
>>
>>73270521
I wish I didnt listen to the singles
they are so fucking good
>>
>>73269007
if push their image enough they will, they're already more talented than OF, arguably the only good artists that came out of OF were tyler, earl, and frank, while kevin, dom, ameer, merlyn, and matt are already crazy good, especially ameer with his buttery smooth flow
>>
>>73270888
I'd argue that Syd's eventually lived up to her potential, but also maybe that Tyler was never very good so maybe it's a wash. But yeah, BH have 5-6 vocalists and at least a couple of producers who are just fantastic
>>
>>73271083
Syd is alright but has a few wonky mixes here and then, I know moo loves to hate on tyler but he's pretty talented, cherry bomb was complete garbage though, looking up lyricists on genius I completely forgot about Joba, that dude's voice is incredible
>>
So excited to listen to this, the singles released were phenomenal. Really expecting great thing from these guys
>>
https://twitter.com/romilhemnani/status/873026724887281664

Reminder they're geniuses and would make AOTY with a few months
>>
>>73271464
>3 1/2 weeks
>a few months

but it really is aoty though
>>
>>73271580
they actually have a second album this summer, crazy work ethic
>>
A lot of good songs but there's like a 3 or 4 song stretch in the middle of the album that seems weak. Also some of the vocal effects don't seem to work. Only listened once though
>>
>>73271233
Joba's Zach-De-La-Rocha bit on Heat is a real highlight of the album as well, so different from every other appearance of his
>>
>>73258749
overrated
hip hop boy band
they just make generic bangers
but they aight
>>
>>73260093
thanks dude
>>
Nice to see OF doing well
>>
>tfw think this album's really fun, fresh, and full of talent
>tfw at the same time i don't want them to blow up and become associated with shitty insufferable kids and normies like OF

i'm conflicted
>>
>>73271715
hip hop boy band is an accurate description but that doesn't make me not love them
>>
ain't The Roots the best example of a hip-hop boy band
>>
File: 1456543102336.png (20KB, 518x386px) Image search: [Google]
1456543102336.png
20KB, 518x386px
heard a few of the singles

really don't see the hype
>>
File: 1496971759746.jpg (91KB, 750x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1496971759746.jpg
91KB, 750x1010px
Heath Ledger with some dreads
I just gave my nigga head
Standing on my two legs
Fuck what that nigga done said
Bruh, I don't fuck with no white boys
Less the nigga Shawn Mendes

What did he mean by this
>>
The last few songs on this are all beautiful
>>
>>73272075
im sorry anon :(
>>
>>73271608
Holy shit this is making me so hype for these boys
>>
Yo the closing track is v dope
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.