[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iceage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

File: LGdZbD8tR6_gfKptKsS0rw.png (321KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
LGdZbD8tR6_gfKptKsS0rw.png
321KB, 362x358px
How do people find this listenable. This is by far the worst music I've heard in a while. I'm genuinely curious why you think this is a great album.
>>
>>73258370
Hadn't heard of this, just gave it a listen. That was fucking horrible.
>>
>>73258370
>>73258514
kys babby plens
>>
>>73258370
Why do you dislike it desu? I guess the punk/faux country thing isn't for everyone but all of their older work is more straight up punk if you'd be into that.
>>
>>73258538
How about you explain why that terrible moaning, apparently singing, is not fucking terrible.
I could manage a listen without the vocals.
>>
>>73258597
Ever heard of Nick Cave?
>>
>>73258674
Except Nick Cave can actually sing; he actually changes the timbre of his voice. This Iceage singer is just wailing without end.
>>
>>73259015
early Nick Cave sang like fucking shit that's what I meant, which Elias is heavily inspired by with each solo work he puts out

if you don't like Plowing Into the Field of Love you can listen to New Brigade which is just straight hardcore punk without moaning or wailing, it's my favorite anyway
>>
>>73259129
Yeah, I'm listening to New Brigade right now. This is pretty good.
>>
>>73258370
its honestly not even worth explaining why i like it if you immediately have such a childish dismissive view about it. also if vocals are literally the only thing you can complain about than why the fuck are you on this board you pleb.
>>
that's not very damming when you dont seem to listen to music and apparently dont know what punk rock is
>>
This album is beautiful.
>>
>>73258370
>>73258514
Iceage confirmed pleb filter.

Honestly, try their first record. It might be more palatable for you.
>>
>>73258370
Because different people have different tastes in music. This isn't for you, obviously, that's cool. Go back to listening to Kanye and everyone's happy.
>>
>>73259345
Well, I guess I know what bad punk rock sounds like!
>>
>>73259309
Do you feel like a moron now?
>>
>>73259383
Oh shit my bad that was meant for >>73259162

I guess I'm the moron.
>>
>>73259392
Nope.
>>
>>73259379
who are your favorite punk bands
>>
>>73258370
>>73258514
>>73258597
Holy shit, iceage is so musically obvious and completely accessible, I can't imagine you succeeding in listening to anything that isn't fundamentally pop music.
>>
>>73259516
thats what i was thinking. even though the singing is dreary and slightly atypical, the song structure and styles are pretty damn accessible. but hey this is /mu/, where angry people come to bitch about music they dont like.
>>
Because most artists tend to avoid the whole country aesthetic and it's actually done well here. Also I think the vocals work surprisingly well despite that it isn't exactly pristine singing; I prefer it over some generic bore-fest of a vocalist. Overall they took a shot at something that isn't done very often and it ends up sounding fresh and satisfying.
>>
>>73259368
>>73259516
>>73259638
>"weeeeeeeh, I can't handle it if you don't like music I do like"
Great attempts at explaining other than 'just because'.

>>73259744
Is this sound prevalent in a lot of danish music?
>>
>>73259860
I can handle people liking music I don't like. I wasn't the one who made a thread because I didn't enjoy an album. That is some top quality projection though.
>>
>>73259860
you're not going to get jack shit acting like a fag
leave
>>
>>73258370
this band, that album especially, kicks fucking ass.
We're about due for a new album, hope I catch them live
>>
>>73259860
m8 lol you literally made a thread only to complain about not liking a band with no intent except disliking it and sharing that. the fuck is wrong with you dude. needed attention or something?
>>
>>73258370
i have their 1st 2 was disapointed by the shift...just sounds like an attempt at nick cave
>>
>>73259880
>I'm genuinely curious why you think this is a great album.

Maybe you should go to school and learn how to read?

>>73259923
Doesn't matter, I'm not interested in an opininon of a little faggot like you.
>>
>>73258370
>>73258514
How do people not "get" iceage?
>>
>>73258370
something something fantano gave it a 9
>>
File: smuglain.jpg (38KB, 960x682px) Image search: [Google]
smuglain.jpg
38KB, 960x682px
>>73259989
you made a thread to get my opinion, retard
>>
>>73259978
>with no intent except disliking it and sharing that
>>73258370
> I'm genuinely curious why you think this is a great album.

Well done m8, you seem proper smart.
>>
>>73259989
Maybe quote the entire OP there, friendo. You know when you were complaining about how it was literally the worst thing you've ever heard and how could anyone possibly like it.
>>
>>73260014
No? I asked for opinons from heterosexual people; I don't know why you replied?
>>
>>73260021
youre just being a disingenious troll. youre entire tone and replies show that you dont really give a shit. i could give you an essay on why i like it and it wouldnt change your mind my guy. you would still be like "lol this is terrible, he doesnt know how to sing he just slurs drunken bullshit". it isnt worth it. if you actually wanted fleshed out opinions you wouldve looked up and read/listened to the dozens of reviews of this album (which you probably already did). like i said, youre just here to get attention. well you got it. hope it makes you feel better.
>>
>>73260075
wew hahaha you called him a homo sure showed everyone here
>>
>>73260102
You sure put a lot of effort in telling me why you won't give me your opinion because that's a wasted effort. Hmmm makes sense! Good luck tying your shoes in the morning, it'll probably be hard for you
>>73260111
You don't have to act like you're not>>73260014
>>
>>73260188
>everyone who calls me out on my retardation is the same person!
I'm not that guy, but think that if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>73260188
lol well youre right.

im sorry if i upset you somehow, youre opinion is just as valid as mine. i wont elaborate on why i like it and if that doesnt satisy thats okay, you can still think my opinion and iceage is shit. this was silly honestly, my hostility was unnecessary and dumb. have a good night my dude.
>>
literally one of the best rock records of the decade you imp

new album fucking when. rock band of the decade for me, not bullshitting at all, considering all their albums have been post-2010
>>
>>73260245
Who calls me out on my retardation? Calling someone out needs justification.

Fucking irrational gays ruining my thread...
>>
>>73260622
>Who calls me out on my retardation?
About five different people at least.

>Calling someone out needs justification.
Not true, by the way, but people do have justification. You didn't ask that question in good faith, you phrased it as if there was something wrong with people who liked the album which is not going to get you any serious replies.

>Fucking irrational gays ruining my thread...
Is calling people gay your go to insult? There's nothing wrong with being gay, friend. I'd much rather be gay than a retarded manchild.
>>
>>73259349
agreed, its actually my favorite iceage album.
>>
>>73260671
>Not true, by the way, but people do have justification.
Good luck in class.
>You didn't ask that question in good faith, you phrased it as if there was something wrong with people who liked the album which is not going to get you any serious replies.
Because I genuinely think it's strange people like the sound so much that it's an acclaimed album.
>>
>>73259015
...you listen to nick cave for his ability to sing?
>>
>>73260786
>Good luck in class.
I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. This is 4chan, no one has to give any "justification" for shitting on a guy who calls everyone who disagrees with him gay.
>Because I genuinely think it's strange people like the sound so much that it's an acclaimed album.
If you can't see how it's condescending to phrase a question like that, that's your problem. Next time just say you don't understand an album and ask what you're missing. Surely you're old enough to know people have different tastes in things and not react to any difference in opinion with extreme incredulity.
>>
>>73260825
Nope, but I can understand people liking his music.

>>73260862
I understand you don't understand, that's why I implore you to go to school; so you might learn what it means when you call someone out.

>This is 4chan
Please off yourself. Especially if you complain about the tone of my OP. Why do you even respond, are you stupid?

Also forgot:
>There's nothing wrong with being gay
People actually believe this.
>>
first iceage thread in a while and its devolved into two autists sperging at eachother cmon mu
>>
>>73258370
on my fingers is good though :(
>>
>>73260786
>Because I genuinely think it's strange people like the sound so much that it's an acclaimed album

literally what the fuck is not to understand about it. it's not like it's out of left field or anything. it's a sound that has precedent in a metric shit ton of post punk records that came before it. it's literally nostalgia bait. you're either trolling or have a really fucking weak grasp on the genre
>>
>>73260980
>I understand you don't understand, that's why I implore you to go to school; so you might learn what it means when you call someone out.
I've been to school. Do you think school is full of people "calling each other out" like an autistic 4chan thread?

>Please off yourself. Especially if you complain about the tone of my OP. Why do you even respond, are you stupid?
Because retarded threads will return retarded replies. Stop calling everyone gay and maybe people will actually give a half serious answer. All I'm saying is don't get butthurt when people treat you like a jackass when you act like a jackass.
>>
>>73261095
I think it is poorly executed to the point it's unlistenable.
>>
>>73261130
How are you this clueless. Giving justifications for your action/claims is a general concept taught in schools. Now please stop replying.
>>
>>73261210
Are you retarded? No one is going to expect you to provide a "justification" for disregarding someone who calls everyone "gay" that disagrees with him. No one would bother to engage you if you asked such a shitty, poor faith question as OP and proceeded to call everyone you don't like a "homosexual."
>>
>>73261287
Clearly I'm smarter than you, else I'd be the one confusing were justification was needed. Keep engaging me though regarding my "in poor faith" question. Also make up your mind on what the formalities are on 4chan. Please don't reply.
>>
>>73261356
Clearly. I can tell how smart and totally not self conscious you are by your instance on declaring yourself the smartest person in the room.

I never said there were any formalities on 4chan, actually that was my point. Shitty behaviour returns equally shitty behaviour.
>>
its one of my favorite albums of the decade so far but im having trouble explaining why desu
>>
>>73261460
Maybe you should stop making a hyperbole out of everything. Everyone would look smart when dealing with you. You seem to have the mental capacity of a 12 year old who doesn't remember what he says after a few posts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxQEZ83CHZY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9txFGCTdkM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwkVA9NOmOU
Best iceage songs desu
>>
its literaly bad seeds b sides with a retard on the mic
>>
>>73258370
>>73258514
iceage is currently one of my favorite bands. they are just really good at writing unique, compositionally interesting songs. and they are amazing at conveying emotion through their music. i get goosebumps from listening to them sometimes. if you don't like that album, then try these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESaeX71--B4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7GnUq40NtU
>>
File: Bettie Serveert PALOMINE.jpg (340KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bettie Serveert PALOMINE.jpg
340KB, 1000x1000px
>>73258370
Please see:

Bettie Serveert - Palomine
Mew - Eggs Are Funny
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.