[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did they mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: 8point1.png (180KB, 1190x375px) Image search: [Google]
8point1.png
180KB, 1190x375px
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>73256170
four albums given an 8.1 and none deserve it
why did you waste time making this
>>
what's wrong with those scores
>>
thanks for making me feel better about wasting my time on this site by showing me that I could have also wasted my time on making that image and posting this thread
>>
Agree. Death Grips should be a 0
>>
>>73256197
>>73256198
>>73256220
4 acts that were previously praised by the publication were given an 8.1 no BNM (basically a pan for an established artist) all within a year of each other. Said publication has also been giving inflated scores to black artists and talking about things like the "unbearable whiteness of indie" the past couple years. I was just trying to bring to light the fact that Pitchfork is literally trying as hard as they can to phase out white music.
>>
>>73256359
those albums aren't as good as their previous albums
is that really hard to understand
>>
>>73256359
>(basically a pan for an established artist)
aside from maybe swans (and if they were really that set on burying him for the larkin shit they would have done what they did with pwr bttm and just ignore the record) you're thinking harder about these scores than the reviewers are
>>
>>73256359
Get laid you fucking donut
>>
>>73256359
Please get a hobby, learn an instrument, start photography, something
This is pathetic
>>
>>73256415
>>73256419
>>73256448
>>73256455
I see. How much is Pitchfork paying you boys?
>>
>>73256469
>s-stop disagreeing with me you shill!
great thread, op
>>
>>73256469
We weren't the ones who just made a thread gathering people to discuss recent pitchfork trends and interpret their meaning.
>>
>>73256469
you're the one that drew attention to pitchfork by making a false flag thread
>>
>>73256469
get a life, nerd
>>
>>73256359
So this is what prolonged exposure to 4chan does to a person
I gotta get out
>>
Pitchfork is trash so this post is irrelevant
>>
Bottomless Pit was a subpar followup to the group's best album and sounded like a lame attempt to cash in on The Money Store's sound.

The Glowing Man is 3 hours of Michael Gira doing hilariously steretypical buddhist yoga OHHHHHHHHHMMM shit, it is the worst album in the group's 30+ year history.
>>
Ok so pitchfork skews it's ratings

The more discussion you generate about p4k, the more attention you bring to them

Pitchfork has already lost it's juggernaut status as a finger on the pulse of indie music that they had throughout the 2000s. Just let it slide out of relevancy.
>>
>>73256359
"white music"
>Bottomless Pit

this is a gag
>>
>>73256170
>8.2+ = BNM

Why such a random number? .2? What kind of pretentious shit is that? Why not just make it 8.0+?
>>
>>73256832
>implying black people listen to Death Grips
O im laffin
>>
>>73256852
Migos got BNM with a 8.1
>>
>>73256900
Black people also don't listen to Shabazz Palaces or Outkast, does that make them not black artists?
>>
>>73256930
They're black artists but not black music.

>>73256760
I don't think they've lost their status. I mean who's bigger? Fantano?
>>
>>73256972
so black artists don't make black music?
>>
>>73256170
>8.1
>.1

Goddamit Pitchfork, why do you have to do that?
>>
>>73256991
If it was not made for and/or appeals exclusively to white people then no, it is not black music.
>>
>>73256469
/pol/ tier post
>>
>>73257087
Outkast appeal exclusively to white people?
It's rather hard to glean what you're trying to say
>>
>>73257087
>if the music was not made for white people, its not black music

a real analytical, razorsharp mind you've got there.
>>
>>73256170
I honestly have no idea. Decimal ratings are retarded. There is no objective or helpful difference between an 8.1 and an 8.0.

This is why rating scales should at most go from 0 to 10.
>>
>>73257275
>i can divide my subjective feelings about art into ordinal rankings with 10 rungs/positions, but someone using 100 rungs/positions is retarded

okay autismo.
>>
>>73257404
what's any less autistic about needing 100 choices to say what you thought of something
>>
OP why do you like talking about p4k so much, I seriously don't get it
>>
>>73256930
>black people also don't listen outkast
uhh what
Outkast is pretty much essential black bbq music.
>>
p4k is shit and definitely has an agenda, but OP ur not really explaining it well
>>
>>73256359
>I was just trying to bring to light the fact that Pitchfork is literally trying as hard as they can to phase out white music.
You did a really bad job of it, I feel like even the dumbest 15 year old on r/thedonald couldn't have jumped to that conclusion from the images posted.
>>
>>73256900
They do, you sheltered soft body
>>
>>73257404
100 is a lot more than 10. There's a big leap there and it's completely unnecessary.

The only autistic people here are the ones that thing music can be objectively valued on a 100 scale.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.