[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: katy-perry-witness1.jpg (60KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
katy-perry-witness1.jpg
60KB, 630x630px
>commenting on the concept of the album cover, Perry said, "Music has allowed me to travel, which has reeducated my mind and changed my perspective on so much, so my education and my consciousness comes from my voice, and that's how I see, and that's how I witness you and that's how you witness me and that's why the eye is in the mouth"
>Perry stated that the album was "definitely a new era for me" and "an era of purposeful pop" she was proud of

So anons, has the album fulfilled your expectations?
>>
File: 421.gif (496KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
421.gif
496KB, 500x331px
>>73254170
>"But with Witness (June 9,) Katy delivers almost nothing new, begging the question: why does this album exist? And it’s even more disappointing that it took her nearly four years to come up with it."

>"Witness is populated with busy, tuneless tracks that seemed designed to pulsate in the background of a regrettable night. Perry's insistence on delving deep into electronic dance doesn't play like a pop visionary charting new directions forward; it seems anxious, as if she can sense her youth -- and perhaps more importantly, her stardom among youth -- slipping away."
>>
>>73254170
i think the visual aesthetic it goes for is more 2013 era pop culture so i can imagine the staleness will be overwhelming
>>
File: Lady-Gaga.jpg (40KB, 615x749px) Image search: [Google]
Lady-Gaga.jpg
40KB, 615x749px
>>73254639
Gaga wins again.
>>
>it's another episode of 21st century pop stars trying to be hip by copycating rockstars

meh
>>
>>73254170
Pretending that your shitty generic music has a ""deep"" message isn't going to save your dead career.
>>
>>73254170
Why in the world would you listen to a Katy Perry album in 2017
>>
>>73254170
>my education
didn't this halfwit drop out of highschool?

all of her commentary surrounding this new material is some of the most pretentious bullshit i've ever heard.

she's desperately trying to polish a steaming pile of shit, but she's just smearing shit everywhere in the process
>>
why can't pop artists just admit to wanting to make fun music for the sake of making fun music

they usually aren't pushing the envelope, this shit is so pretentious lol
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.