[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Similar guitarrists to Omar Rodriguez Lopez

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: deus.jpg (635KB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
deus.jpg
635KB, 3504x2336px
So, here i am again you fools, because i have a need, most of the acclaimed similar bands to TMV haven't worked for me (Coheed & Cambia, Circa Survive, The Fall of Troy, etc.) i have enjoyed a little ones (Closure in Moscow, The Sound of Animals Fighting) but i realized that my search focuses in other thing, in the glorious omar play of his guitar, his distorded and texturized solos are cocaine for me, and i can't find any other like him, not neccesarily with the same technique but at least with the same feeling, can you help me? Be aware that i already know to Robert Fripp, so we need to look somewhere else, thaaank you!

>inb4
>Fripp is better
>lmao just listen to slipknot
>You don't like Coheed and Circa because they aren't weird enough for you pleb?
>How you can like that it's just fucking noise
>He sounds like a broken phone
>Frusciante is the real god here
>All his new releases are shit
>Samba fugazi is cancer
>>
Fripp is better
>>
lmao just listen to slipknot
>>
>>73251810
la cucaracha fugazi is cancer
>>
You don't like Coheed and Circa because they aren't weird enough for you pleb?
>>
There's always Frank Zappa.
>>
>>73252000
i like zappa, but is more "funny" of what i'm looking for, like for spork.
>>
>>73253066
Listen to his guitar solo albums you retard
>>
How you can like that it's just fucking noise
>>
samba fugazi is CANCER
>>
Why am i seeing so many Mars Volta related threads lately? Did i miss something?
>>
>>73253757
You didn't hear about the reunion?
>>
give this a shot, report with results
https://youtu.be/hyYX6ZkNSNM
>>
>>73253066
>Has a trip
>Uses "spork" unironically
Like clockwork.
>>
>>73253821
holy fuck when? but it's a reunion just for play live or are they going to release something?
>>73253963
it's fine, i don't know
>>
Listen to John McLaughlin. He's one of Omar's main influences:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSv6SEN3SKo
>>
Just listen to the fall of troy
>>
File: theswan.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
theswan.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
the swan is basically the next step past omar
>>73255074
>>73252000
these are great too and both have a lot of work to sift through
>>
File: Black_Flag_-_Family_Man_cover.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Flag_-_Family_Man_cover.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
i'm serious, listen to it
>>
>>73251810
The dude from The Fall Of Troy sounds similar, but he's like an imitation of Omar.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efHwnFAkuA
you can always go the segovia route, which is pretty patrician
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.