[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What really is techno?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: techno[1].png (1MB, 2220x1380px) Image search: [Google]
techno[1].png
1MB, 2220x1380px
I was listening to 2000s "techno" on youtube and noticed that people in the comments were arguing whether or not the track was techno
>Bah, that's not techno, if you want techno, listen to X

I go listen to X and the comments are pretty much the same. Can you guys show me what techno is? And what genre is, let's say "Kernkraft 400"?
>>
>>73248099
Mindy > Cindy

There was a time the media called all bleeps techno.

House is 4/4, warmer, rooted in disco and r&b

Techno is 4/4, colder and more robotic, rooted in synthpop and funk

Breaks/jungle/d&b took hip hop breaks, fused them with Jamaican MC'ing and harder techno

Trance is gay
>>
house is techno with snares on the second kick

techno that has snares on the second kick that doesn't sound like house is called idm
>>
>>73248179
>>73248193
Thanks, any examples for a filthy casual?
>>
>>73248235
Ask /bleep/, they love to help
>>
>>73248407
help from /bleep/ lol
>>
>>73248407
Will do, thanks.
>>
>>73248235
House and techno are as varied and expansive as metal or hip hop, there's no real one sound for either genre unless you go back to the Chicago house / Detroit techno roots
>>
This thing is older than sin, but it's still the best guide to the differences in electronic music on the internet:

Ishkur's Guide - http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/
>>
>>73248439
>House and techno are as varied and expansive as metal or hip hop
more like shoegaze and dream pop
>>
>>73248442
Oh my god I haven't seen that in years. I can't believe it's still up
>>
>>73248453
This is to say, when you're into the music (house/techno or shoegaze/dreampop), the difference is obvious and huge, and if you're an outsider, it's harder to tell the difference.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.