[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soundgarden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Pearl Jam.jpg (130KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Pearl Jam.jpg
130KB, 1200x630px
Was Nirvana the beginning of the end of good AND popular music? Before them, were there popular bands with three shitty instrumentalists, one of which an equally-shitty singer? Did Nirvana "green-light" the rise of equally-shit bands who realised that they too could be famous and make mad stacks, if they marketed themselves a particular way?
>>
>>73243929
All these flavours and you choose to be salty, OP. you miserable man
>>
>>73243929
Nirvana was one of those green lit shit bands
>>
File: fDOsSwb.gif (496KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
fDOsSwb.gif
496KB, 300x190px
>>73243929
>caring if music is popular
>>
>>73243929
>Before them, were there popular bands with three shitty instrumentalists, one of which an equally-shitty singer?
Sex Pistols
>>
It's possible. The real problem was that R.E.M. gave up the mantle/ran out of gas and U2 went on these weird detours that made people lose interest. Radiohead sort of picked up the slack but they never produced single material.
>>
But Dave Grohl is a good drummer and Krist is a decent bassist. Kurt is also a decent guitarist and a good singer. None of them are "shitty" by any means.
>>
>>73243929
Kurt has a very unique voice and great delivery, it's quite easy why people were drawn to his music. Also they weren't bad instrumentally, they were all fairly competent at what they did this isn't up for discussion. And yes nirvana dying led to shit bands popping up because someoneneeded to fill the angsty void Kurt had left
>>
>>73244559
This is true. Kurt could actually play riffs while singing, which is pretty impressive
>>
>>73244577
He only seemed to do that on bleach for the most part. Then he became a powerchord fag.
>>
Soundgarden were great. Always kept it fresh. Pearl Jam has been derivative for the last decade.

Nirvana is overrated. Fortunately for their brand Kurt offed himself at a young enough age that his visage could be clad in amber and perpetually marketed to new teenage fans at Urban Outfitters until the end of time.
>>
>>73244628
>what is Heart Shaped Box?

I see your point though, only because Bleach has less of the quiet/loud dynamic.
>>
>>73244658
Heart Shaped box was just arpeggiated power chords and that "hey" bend thrown in
Bleach had some metal riffs in it that were quite impressive.
>>
>>73243929
>were there popular bands with three shitty instrumentalists, one of which an equally-shitty singer?

Punk was basically founded on the mentality of "You don't have to sing as well as Freddie Mercury or play guitar as well as Ritchie Blackmore to be in a rock band".
>>
>>73244691
>Bleach had some metal riffs in it that were quite impressive.
Name some songs
>>
>>73244836
It's a Melvin's worship album m8
>>
>>73244845
I know that but I want to hear which songs he picks as the ones with the impressive riffs
>>
>>73244866
That doesn't really matter at all, but have fun
>>
>>73244836
Negative creep, particularly the chorus would be difficult to sing and play at once
Scoff a little bit
School
There is a few little things here and there
Big Long Now is metal as fuck
I heard around this time they just listened to the same tape over again in their van, one side was the Beatles, and the other side was Celtic Frost. I always think of that when I llisten to Bleach, plus the obvious Melvins influence. It was all pretty much dropped by Nevermind
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.