[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eric Clapton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: eric-clapton.jpg (266KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
eric-clapton.jpg
266KB, 1024x768px
The least interesting of the blues-rock guitarists. Beck rocked harder, Hendrix wrote better songs, Page was more interesting in the studio, Richards was simpler and more effective musically.

Might be the most proficient and studied of them all but he rarely made memorable music and is such a boring singer to boot.
>>
As a fan of Cream and The Yardbirds I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

Now, it's true he got boring later on in his career...........
>>
>>73243747
I'll take Blackmore over any of them with the possible exception of Beck, honestly.
>>
I just can't stand his singing voice, its boring as hell.
>>
>>73243777
I don't even hate him/Cream/Yardbirds/etc, that's what's so maddening about him, he's just so borderline interesting that I keep listening and hoping it'll click more.
>>
>>73243747
His music was so boring, even his son killed himslef so he wouldn't have to hear it.
>>
The Layla album is /mu/ kino tho

but maybe that was cuz of Duane
>>
>>73243777
>>73244990
It seems like Clapton gives his best when he is playing with other great players, like in Cream or during the Layla sessions.
After he got obsessed with playing the blues, however, it seems that he stopped trying to be the innovator or simply the musician of his early days: the music is still well crafted, some of it is really good, but overall it's not essential unless you're a fan.
Maybe he also suffers from the "Seinfeld is unfunny"-syndrome, or in this case, the "Clapton is not creative"-syndrome, where whenever you listen to him you have a hard time finding something that hasn't been done by someone else later, even though it's Clapton who originated it, which ultimately is a testament to Clapton's greatness.
>>
>>73245501
Same poster here, here's a joke for ya: What do Clapton and coffee have in common?

They both suck without Cream.
>>
>>73244648
What's the difference between a toddler and a bag of cocaine?

Eric Clapton wouldn't have let a bag of cocaine fall out of a five story window!

>>73245522 (Nice Dubs)
When you consider that one of Cream's first singles is The Coffee Song that joke is even funnier.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.