[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important are vocals in music. Would you listen to a song

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1450035893293.png (876KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450035893293.png
876KB, 600x600px
How important are vocals in music. Would you listen to a song just for energetic/charismatic vocals?
>>
>>73241327
Vocals are important but even shit like mumble rap and skatting that dont really care about vocals can be alright.
>>
>>73241327
Vocals can be the entire music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRfF7W4El60
>>
You can have songs that are entirely vocals and songs with no vocals at all.

It completely runs the gamut.
>>
Depends, I just want something to make me groove. Sometimes it's vocals whether it's holding a note or the way it resonates with the rhythm of the instruments or beat.
>>
>>73241327
I want to cum inside of her if you know what I mean wink wink
>>
>she will never even spit in your face and laugh at your dick
why fucking live
>>
>>73241902
I think I caught your drift ;^)
>>
>>73241327
Yes.
>>
>>73242017
>2017
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>73241327
>that body
wew
>>
>>73241327
who is this procreation station?
>>
>>73241327
Sometimes it's paramount that they're there, and that they're perfect(pitch, harmony; though not necessarily regular). And sometimes they're wholly unnecessary.

Take for example King Crimson's "I Talk to the Wind". The harmony there on the layered vocals are amazing and work so well with the accompanying music.

Now contrast that with Gorillaz "Glitter Freeze". I'd argue that the 'vocals' on that track do nothing more than mention the title, and break the repetition of what I'd consider a really good music track that really doesn't need it.

Just my two cents.
>>
Bad vocals ruin a band. Bad instruments don't (unless they're Shaggs-tier of course).
>>
>>73241327
that is the most ridiculously good body i've ever seen
>>
who's the cum plum
>>
>>73241408
why is the man putting his finger in the other man at 2:08
>>
Vocals are just an instrument to me. I usually don't care what they say, as long as it ain't retarded and sounds good. I usually listen to music foreign language music too and I've no idea what they're saying, but it sounds good so I like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNABZaXVrxc
>>
vocals are so fucking great. i love the human voice, i wish i had a good one
>>
>>73243434
good singers aren't born like that anon. anyone can develop their voice to be at the very least passable
>>
>>73243718
>anyone can develop their voice to be at the very least passable

well yeah i feel like i might be passable but it sucks that my range is shit and that i just don't have a really fantastic voice. i'm gonna make it work though anon don't you worry
>>
>>73243738
hey sweet. i myself take a lot of inspiration from adam demirjian (the guy from brave little abacus). on a technical level he's terrible, but he sings with so much passion and feeling, it makes him one of my favorite singers.

i know it's cliche and all, but still, passion is what matters imo
>>
>>73243803
>but still, passion is what matters imo
for sure

do you have any music? i like your ideas
>>
>>73241327
>Would you listen to a song just for energetic/charismatic vocals?
no
>>
>>73241327

jeez this pic is old. I think I know where this is too.
>>
>>73243915
no, sadly. i have lots of ideas, but not the means (or sometimes the raw drive and ambition) to execute them

do you?
>>
>>73241327
Anyone get anything like this? Like noise or really heavily distorted, fast paced stuff but with discernible, engaging vocals?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnPH4VS5ZuI
>>
>>73241327
the way i see it is if it's a traditional blues/pop inspired formula of a song, it generally needs vocals to finish it otherwise it sounds empty. in jazz and other types of music it's not always needed because the playing and sheer energy in the instrumental is enough to stand on it's own without getting repetitive
>>
>>73244075
no trend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mkLZOhnIk
>>
>>73244045
>but not the means (or sometimes the raw drive and ambition) to execute them

nah, i'm in the same boat. but hopefully i'll get something recorded by the end of the summer
>>
I like some good singers, but I like a lot of objectively awful singers too. I often prefer bad singers. Adds rawness to the music. I don't like over-singing that seems to be popular now days. The music is more important than the vocals/ lyrics unless it's stripped down folk, but they should be appropriate.
>>
>>73245011
This is why I enjoy Xiu Xiu. (Though I wouldn't really call their lead vocalist a bad singer.)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.