[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Artists ruined by their fanbase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

>>
>>73239695
every band with a fanbase
>>
Did their fanbase actually ruin them or are you just too worried what others might think of you for liking them?
>>
>>73239695
Why does this photo look photoshopped?
>>
>>73239695
>inb4 grimes
grimes is fine and well and her fanbase is just like any fanbase: if you mess with them, they will fight you back.
>>
>>73239695
>not being able to separate band from fans
that's your loss really
>>
Any artist with merch
>>
>>73239755
This is meta
>>
never understood this. shouldn't really judge an artist by their demographic unless they cater to it, like teen pop artists and whatnot
>>
>>73239695
if they have an appeal to that fanbase you think ruined them then they actually ruined them themselves
>>
>>73239755
they're pretty bad on /mu/ especially though. like idk you talk crap about, say, mariah carey, or sufjan stevens, or clipping, or any number of other artists and you won't get as much hate. they don't seem able to take criticism. >>73239760
>>73239741
also this @op
>>
every classic rock band
>>
>>73239695
It's died down after BP's release. At least the compulsively obnoxious memer aspect of the fanbase. I personally don't listen to them much anymore though so it doesn't even matter to me.
>inb4 someone thinks they're funny in pointing out a possible causality there

>>73239750
They look like cardboard cutouts
>>
>>73239741
OP here, not gonna lie this is bretty much what I meant. You can't go on a single DG video without mentions of Fantano or some stupid meme
>>
Eminem isn't a brilliant artist, but his fanbase giving him this God-like status and saying how noone compares, referring to him by his first name asif they know him personally and stuff like that makes him one of the few artists that has a "terrible" fanbase
>>
>>73239803
>they're pretty bad on /mu/ especially though. like idk you talk crap about, say, mariah carey, or sufjan stevens, or clipping, or any number of other artists and you won't get as much hate. they don't seem able to take criticism.
all these fanbases are like them, more or less. if talk crap about mariah you can get away with that because there aren't many mariah fans here (unlike grimes fans). you would literally talk to almost nobody.

"defending" the artist is what all fanbases do. you have to deal with that.
>>
>>73239868
>Eminem isn't a brilliant artist

Uhm, no sweetie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHDox_HfrA
>>
>>73239868
how is that annoying? not an eminem fan by any means, but i don't mind that.
>>
>>73239977
i've been on communities that like mariah and they don't do the borderline worship that people do here though. there's the few insane ones. maybe it's harder to tell here because it's obviously a bait method, and anonymity allows the loud ones to stick out even more
>>
>>73239977
No, defending artists in every single thread you think they may be mentioned in one long cringe-inducing post after another is what autists (like you) do, grimesqueer.
>>
Shitty obnoxious rednecks with an even shittier and more obnoxious fanbase

but a great band nonetheless
>>
>>73239755
Came in here to post Grooms

half her non-/mu/ fans are insufferable SJWs

i'm scared of going to a show of hers cause i'm a light-skinned, blue-eyed male
>>
>>73240187
>not being an SJW
>>
>>73239695
>letting the fanbase ruin your enjoyment of a musicians music

absolute_disdain.jpeg
>>
>>73239750
This is literally the worst picture of them imo
Andy looks like he is holding in a poop, stefan looks awkward, and zach's hair is swinging very unnaturally
>>
>>73240065
Didn't explain it that well in my other post but if you try and say oh, "this artist I'd better, consider this" they'll dismiss your argument completely and just say "you don't know Hip-Hop", or "oh go listen to mumble rap"
They're all autists under the age of 16 who have heard about 3 artists in their lifetime
>>
>>73240153
>they don't do the borderline worship that people do here though
are you sure about this? mariah is the kind of diva with even bigger worship than grimes.

* slay queen *
>>
>>73240187
>half her non-/mu/ fans are insufferable SJWs
is that such a big problem? maybe you're behaving like a twat if you get savage reactions from them. think about it.
>>
>>73239713
This
>>
>>73240154
being a fuckwit (like you) and 1. shitposting and then expecting good reactions from her fanbase and 2. caring so much about what other people like is a total cringefest. get a life dipshit.
>>
radiohead's reddit is so gross

if someone makes a reference to a radiohead lyric on an askreddit thread or something they all cream their pants
>>
>>73239755
kill yourself faggot
>>
File: yur fave.jpg (73KB, 945x591px) Image search: [Google]
yur fave.jpg
73KB, 945x591px
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.